Hate it

Posted , 2 users are following.

I hate the fact that im only 21 years old with genital herpes... Who will love me? Who will date me? Who will marry me? Who can i have children with?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi ND28498, I knew a girl at university who had genital herpes at 19. She did her best not to let it get her down. She was very open about it.

She had had Herpes for a couple of years and the outbreaks were fairly widely spread by this stage. She said that she had been very depressed when she first found out. Like you, she questioned who would want her. She had a couple of relationships at university and they just made sure they used protection and did not do anything when she had an outbreak.

There are support groups and forums online and I am sure there are others here who can support you too.

All I can say is that herpes does not mean that no one will want you.

• Posted

Omg thank you that really do influence me and i want kids im scared that if i find someone with my same condition will it spreads to my child. I dont want to hurt my children in the future. And i want to be love but how if im scared to tell anyone about my condition?
    • Posted

Probably the best thing to do would be to do as much research about the condition as you can. There are a lot of resources online. You could also go to your local sexual health clinic. They will be able to give you some good advice too.

Online support groups and forums are a great place to meet people who share the same problem. you may also be able to find advice on relationships etc too.

It is not something I really know about, but hopefully this helps in some way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.