Tamsulosin Hate this drug...

Posted , 4 users are following.

My partner has been on this for a long time whilst the NHS work out what to do with him - This drug has altered his personality beyond recognition - agressive - slurred speech - addiction - confrontational - behaving like an addict by defending this piece of crap - He refuses to acknowledge any of this...strange when he ran out earlier this week he was back to normal, clear thinking, no slurred speech and no aggression - I can't continue to live with him like this - unpredicatable nightmare.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Weird - none of those are known side-effects. Tamsulosin is an alpha-blocker, it acts on smooth muscle, so it has no direct effect on brain function. I don't get anything like that, nor does anyone else I know on it...

Maybe he has some kind of allergic reaction to it? 

• Posted

I agree with Dave. I have had no such side effects.  My guess would be that something else is causing this.  Maybe a visit to the GP to discuss is called for?
  • Posted

This Tamsulosin drug is it for kidney stone? Or perhaps can anyone tell me a better drug that can help remove kidney stone.... My brother has been struggling with it for a while now so I'll really appreciate any useful advice....

• Posted

No.  It is designed to reduce the size of a man's prostate which can, when enlarged, press on the bladder.  Regrets; I can suggest a solution for kidney stone.

• Posted

Tamsulosin is for relaxing smooth muscle in the bladder, prostate, and urethra which makes urination easier and reduces the sensations of urge to urinate.

Finasteride is the drug that reduces the size of the prostate. 

Neither has any direct effect on kidney stones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.