Have an ovarian cyst on my last ovary?

Posted , 4 users are following.

In Nov 11, of 2015 i had surgery to remove a dermoid tumor that had begun as a cyst, i was bleeding internally and it was wrapped around my fallopian tube and ovary. The tumor was around 4 1/2 inches. The doctors at the hospital had never taken me seriously.. for the past two years i had been to the er due to extreme abdominal pain, and theyd just diagnose me with constipation. Finally they did an ultrasound and saw the tumor. That day i was in so much pain that even after the morphine that they gave me at the hospital i felt terrible pain. And yet they sent me home with hydrocodone to take for the pain. After 4 hours and three hydrocodones later i returned to the ER because i just could not stand the pain. The doctor there then proceeded to threaten to call the police because i had taken too much hydrocodone and that was "drug abuse". I guess he finally saw how much pain i was in and decided to admit me in the hospital. They couldnt find a doctor to do the surgery at first. The first one they found didnt want to do my surgery because she thought i was too young to lose an ovary. A day later they found a doctor to do it. He did my surgery and everything was good. Two months later, today i have an infection on one of my incisions that just wont go away. And i found out that i have another cyst, aparrently they saw it during the surgery but forgot to mention it to me. I feel pain on my left side every now and then and im worried that this cyst is growing. My left ovary is all i have and now theres a cyst on it. I recently turned 18 in november so i'm worried. My doctor is not taking me seriously saying that its just going to go away but im not so sure. Im worried that i wont be able to have children if i lose my last ovary..

Has this ever happened to anyone? Is there any way they can remove the cyst without the ovary?

Btw:sorry for the rambling im just worried..

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Morning Heidi xx

First I cannot believe your story that they've taken so long to sort this out! You know your body mor than anyone else I find it so difficult to trust people now! I was I. The same situation back in March last year! I was rushed to A&E by ambulance,they also didn't believe the pain I was in. They discharged me with a severe bladder and kidney infection! About 4 hours later I was calling another ambulance to take me back to hospital... They looked at my CT scan that they had done on my first visit, and couldn't believe that a cyst on my left ovary had been missed! I was kept in overnight and ultrasound scanned in the morning! They found a 11x10x10cm dermoid cyst (with teeth and hair) on my right ovary! They finally removed it a week and half later! I still have some pain every now and again on that side and I'm also very worried about cysts reoccurring!

It's awful how they are treating you because where you are so young they are treating you with so much disrespect! You need to know your options babe see if you can freeze your eggs ? I didn't get this option so I'm in limbo if I can have kids aswell I don't know if my ovary is releasing them or not 😩

Please trust your instincts and your body telling you your in pain! Insist that you need something done or you will get a lawyer or something involved because this is disgusting how they are treating you! It's neglect! Your young you don't need this constant worry!

Hope your feeling ok today and keep me updated xxx

Love Stacey xxx ( 26 years old ) xxxxx

• Posted

This made me tear up , thankyou so muchsmile

Finally someone who understands what im going through..

Its ridiculous how now a days we have to FORCE a doctor to take us seriously.

I honestly dont know what to do , im at the point where i feel as if i should just get pregnant now and have a child. My bf of three years supports that idea if that can be our only option. Ive been reading online and saw that most of the time , when you have another cyst on the last ovary they go ahead and do a hysterectomy. (In the United States) i also read that most of the hysterectomys done are unnecessary. I feel like its so much harder for us two, because we had dermoid cysts, which cannot be easily drained as the other ones.

Waiting to see if it ruptures is killing me, its like a little timed bomb that is either gonna kill itself, or take my ovary, and my only way to have children away with it. I am only 18 a senior in high school, i should be worrying about what colleges to go to, and what i should wear for graduation. After my surgery i wasnt able to return to school for two months because i started to get really bad nausea and headaches. They then found out at the end of december that i had an infection on my naval incision. They sent me home with bactrim (antibiotic). As i started to take the bactrim i started getting really high.fevers 103+. So i returned to the ER, they told me it was probably because my body was fighting an infection and said to keep taking the bactrim. Two or three weeks ago i had an allergic reaction to bactrim at school. My pulse was 179 and going higher. I could not breathe, my eyes turned red, i was confused. The ambulance took me to the ER where they refused to do treatment until my mother arrived because "eventhough im 18, im a minor since im still in school, in the eyes of the law" they could not get an iv in and tried multiple times. . About 8 times (which left bruises). Finally they just gave me benadryl and steriods to drink. I forgot to mention that they had me on a gurney, in the hallway at the hospital throughout all this. An hour later they discharged me, right before i left, as the nurse was wheeling me out, i began to vomit. So they re admitted me, and continued to try and get an iv in. Finally they did, and gave me medicine again. 2 hours later they put me in a room.. (about time) and then discharged me an hour later ..

Now im on a different antibiotic , that is giving me rashes and makes me nauseous, but theres no other choice than to deal with it..

I was wondering about your incisions.. how many do you have and how fast did yours heal? .. i have five incisions and the one thats infected is pretty nasty. They said it has cellulitis, and a sack of pus underneath.. the sack i feel all the time, its big and i hate it..

• Posted

Heidi I hope your feeling ok today ☺ just wanted to let you know I've had 3 cystecetomies so far to remove dermiod cysts off my last ovary so they can just remove the cyst x
    • Posted

Hey Heidi xx

How are you feeling today ? I have got 3 incisions, 1 in belly button 1 on my side of my tummy and 1 on pubic line... It was the pubic line and belly button that took the longest to heal because I'm a bigger girl ... My pubic scar is about 2 inches big and I hate it sad I still suffer with my belly button one now every now and again! But it didn't take long to heal and for stitches to be out ... About 3/4 weeks ? Xxx

• Posted

Hi Stacey,

I am beginning to feel more pain on my cyst.. its more intense now but not as bad as to where i have to go to the hospital. How are you feeling? I heard that the incisions near or under your belly button take longer to heal.. mine still has one stitch but its too deep in to cut, it was supposed to dissolve weeks ago. Have you tried anything to make the scars fade..? I have tried some stuff but nothing has worked, my scars look really red and purple on my pale skin..

• Posted

Thankyou Jen😊

Does that procedure require a really skilled surgeon? I live in Arkansas and both gyn surgeons i talked to said the only way to remove the cyst was to remove the ovary as well?

• Posted

Today I'm in a lot of pain very uncomfortable around my abdomen area ... Sorry to be crude but I haven't had my monthly and now I'm worrying that I've got a cyst growing 😩 So my anxiety has hit the roof...! Yeh my belly button and pubic one took longer to heal and felt like it was pulling every now and again ...! I have to clean my belly button with a cotton bud but sometimes it bleeds ...? So everything is just making me worry even more sad my pubic one is still a little red and when I'm cold goes purple ... Haven't tried anything to make them fade but I think you can get bio oil ☺️ Are you getting loads of support ? If you ever wanted to chat more don't hesitate to inbox me on here ☺️

Love Stacey xxxx

• Posted

Im not sure on the surgeon needing to be particularly skilled lovely I'm in the UK and have had it done at 2 different hospitals so far I'm also booked into another hospital on Thursday coz I think I have another cyst. Maybe it depends where and how the cyst is attached xx
    • Posted

I hope you start to feel better. When i feel pain i drink ginger and cinnamon tea, i read online that it should help with cysts. I am due for my period as well soon this week, but no cramps like the ones i usually get. I'm still trying to convince my doctor to write a reference for an ultrasound but she doesnt find it necessary..
    • Posted

My cyst was wrapped around my ovary and fallopian tube and had literally stopped the blood flow.. i dont know anything bout the cyst i have now. Maybe ill try going to a different hospital..

Have you tried home remedies like ginger and cinnamon tea? I was told that helps with cysts

• Posted

Hey Heidi

I read your comment below and I also has the same as you! Ovary was being suffocated by the cyst I had both my ovary and tube removed xx so your not alone xx

I can't believe how the doctors can refuse you considering your background ... I think I need to get a doctors appointment haven't slept well at all sad xxx

• Posted

All I have to do is stress. I as well cannot sleep at night. I wake up every other hour, and ive been missing school again due to the pain. Im sick of how this medical system is built. I am tired of going to the doctor and only talking to the nurse about my symptoms. The doctor only comes in for 5minutes and then leaves. She doesnt ask how i feel, she just says its normal to gets cysts. Sometimes i feel like if i due end up losing my last ovary due to the ignorance of these doctors, i will try to sue.
    • Posted

Doctors are meant to help not increase your stress..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.