Have had bleeding in bowels for 2 months on and off

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi; I'm 18 male and have had blood and mucus in stools either once, twice or three times a week for a couple months. The blood is sometimes mixed with the stool and sometimes it's just visible on the toilet paper. It's bright red blood which I believe is fresh and from the lower part of my intestine. There is never much just a few staines on the toilet paper. My bowel movements have changed from having one a day to twice or three times a day. I sometimes have a sharp pain in the rectal area that lasts a couple of seconds however no discomfort when passing a stool other than what feels like a little tear. I've been to doctors and they prescribed me with scheriproct. This hasn't worked however and am still seeing blood and mucus in stool once every couple of days. Cheers for any advice given am planning on going to doctors again for a scan in next couple of days just need to sort it out with work.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Jack

You may be suffering Pyles, or a fissure. With it being bright red blood it does not sound serious

Go and see your GP He will check the Anus and look for Pyles and cuts etc.

If you need an internal inspection it will be a day treatment and generally they can offer a touch of Sedation to get over any discomfort. Most problems can be operated on at the same time as the inspection

BOB

• Posted

Cheerd mate am going tomorrow, I've been looking on line which is probably the worst thing to do because bowel cancer seems to pop up alot. Cheers for your reply. About a year ago I did have a really bad hemorrhoid that was extremely painful so could just be that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.