Have had glandular fever for 5 months and GP has said that I need anultrasound scan on my pancreas

Posted , 3 users are following.

My blood tests have shown that my liver and pancreatic enzymes are not back to normal after 5 months of glandular fever, and I am worried that my GP now wants me to have an ultrasound scan to look at my pancreas. I wonder if anyone else has had similar problems?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol,

So sorry to hear you have been struggling with this, I do remember my liver blood tests being a bit off for a number of months, I think that can be a normal thing with glandular fever. I'm not sure about pancreatic it may well be the same, I know this virus can cause all sorts of symptoms.

Thinking about you and hoping that things settle down soon, you will recover from this virus it's just so frustrating it takes times for many. Hang in there.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.