Have I got Lyme

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi I'm new to this but read a lot of posts we all seam to have the same problem I have not had a test for Lyme yet going to docs this week to ask did any of u feel like are going mad all these different symptoms that move around one day it's one thing then the next day it's another I was bitten in June then never thought no more of it then started to get pain in July three week later still got pain  so went to docs he sent me for bloods and scan on liver and spleen all clear then went back he put my pain down to as he said some sort of hernia I said what about the blurred vision the eye pain the dizziness lymph glands aching , arm pain leg pain and weakness he said it's a recurring virus like glandular fever cuz the bloods just show I've had it some time in my life and I just have to wait it out there's nothing he can do . Do any of u ever go to bed and think I don't care if I wake up cuz it's the only time I'm not in pain .

i watched the this morning program and its fab that someone has gone on TVs and said this needs to be looked at a man that has paid £250 million in tax yet can't get the nhs to treat him and his son if it was one of the PMs family I bet things would change 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there, mate. It's vital that you hassle your GP to get a lyme blood test ASAP. Tell them you've done the research and remind them that you were definitely bitten. If not, get one privately. Even if they come back negative, you need to look at getting antibiotic treatment. Also try cutting out all sugar, dairy, booze and red meat. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi there. You are certainly not alone, the symptoms change at times day to day and others hour from hour.  Many of us go through the same depleting thoughts and need to rally to keep going.  I'd also advise you to push again for testing, although a good many tests are simply not reliable. There is a wealth of advise and support on the Facebook Lyme site. Read as much as you can, knowledge is vital when it comes to Lyme and what can help. Hang in there. 
    • Posted

My symptoms are mostly the same but can be good one day and not the next. Most affected parts are head and chest with some joint pain. NHS test was neg but German test came back chronic !!! Now waiting to hear from Dr about treatment but I'm not hopeful. She is speaking to infectious disease unit next week on what to prescribe. Yes i feel like i am going off my head and that i may wake up one mornimg to find it has travelled somewhere else. What do we do ????
    • Posted

Hi can I ask how you go about getting the German test done I'm having the nhs test done in 2 weeks but not hopeful of the result if it comes back neg then I would like to get the German test done just for my piece of mind any help I would be great full 
    • Posted

Hi Garry, I'm not allowed to mention the name if the lab but just Google german labs for LD and it should be fairly obvious. I called a UK contact no fir them, they emailed me all details, you tick iff your symptoms and they recommend specific tests for co-infections. You request the kit, they send it, blood must be drawn and shipped same day. All instructions cime with the kit and you have to pay for it before they give you results. My cardiologist got back in touch today as i told her what has been happening. She wants to see my results and she wants to take more blood tomorrow. She said she knows there is something wrong with me and she wants to find out. Truly amasing, how lucky am i ???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.