Have I got RLS

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have had bilatteral leg pain for about 3 years now and have been on codeine for the pain. My pain is not worse at any particular time, perhaps worse in the mornings as I obviously haven't yet taken any pain killers. I have had every test, bloods, MRI scan, bone scan, muscle tests, nerve fuction tests, x-rays and all have come back negative. My pain is exactely the same as the day I woke up with it, no worse and no better. It is almost like I ran a marathon the previous day, my calve muscles are very sore and pain at the back of the knees, kind of like the pain you get when you try and put your fingers on the ground with your back and legs straight, I also sometimes get pain in my feet, well more my ankles, hard to explain the type of pain. My latest doctor believes it is RLS but for me it is not worse at night and it never wakes me up and sometimes it effects by back, it also gets very tight. Sound familiar?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your symptoms don't seem to be RLS.  They may be picking RLS as they can't find a cause for your pain.  RLS also has from slight to severe leg 'twitches' or jumpies as I called them for years.  Pain most definitely can be involved.  Muscle twitching and a sensation of aching, crawling, twitching in legs (and can spread to other extremeties as well).  Mine (and many others) begin with resting or inactivity and is relieved by walking and moving around.  Sitting without the ability to get up and move can feel like torture.  I too have aching in my feet and ankles - the degree of pain varies at times.  All this to say it doesn't SOUND like RLS but time will tell as there is no cure and it can be cyclical.  Very severe, let up for a period of time (or not at all), and wham it's back again.  Good luck - any type of chronic pain is horrid to have to deal with.

• Posted

Thank you,  I personally don't think it is either. Back to the drawing board rolleyes

• Posted

To start with I'd buy a pair of hospital socks, the ones they put on you for surgery. The compression may give relief and help identify the underlying issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.