Have you been referred to MSK Services?

Posted , 3 users are following.

If you have recently been referred with a musculoskeletal problem it was probably via a new government initiative called MSK Services set up in areas around the country at vast cost on a supposedly community basis. If so how did you how did you get on with your referral and treatment?

I have had major problems with my local group and will be complaining to them and the Quality Care Commission so I wondered about the experience of others in different parts of the country.  

I've put this in two other groups as covers different conditions

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Oh Thanks. I'm in America so I don'r know what goes on in the UK. That is not a thing here....yet!
    • Posted

You may not have noticed but this is a UK site but we do welcome strangers just as our NHS hospitals unfortunately do at our expense.

• Posted

Sorry to have to remind you Derek;  but there are many of us from ALL over the world on this forum, and some of us have been on here longer than you.  So PLEASE do not sound sooooooo Unwelcoming...........I know that we all support and give advice/reassurance/assistance to everyone.......I know that you mean well at times, but you do need to read/be careful of who you may be upsetting when you say things....we have had to remind/pull you up before, and there were times that I just ignored your comments, and then other times I have found that you can be quite nice............let us see more of your nice side, hey???..........Bron
    • Posted

Sorry Browwyn97278 but you are confusing me with another Derek who is Derek1979 in a group that I do not use.
  • Posted

No I didn't notice that. There have been people from all over the world talking here. I'll keep it in mind though. Thanks
    • Posted

And our hospitals will treat EVERYONE for free at our expense too.
    • Posted

It has been suggested that posters should put their country in their heading.

We can easily pick out the American users from the expressions they use like doctors office, ER. primary care doctor etc. The headings  under patient all link to British Information.

• Posted

Yes our hospitals have to serve ALL patients emergengy needs no matter where they are from. There are signs in all hospitals that say as much.

And fine, I get it now. It's a UK site. I won't bother asking any questions here since it's so anoying to you.

• Posted

You are not annoying anyone. We welcome everyone. I was just surprised that you asked where I am. I use a few American sites.

We all take out massive travel insurance before going to North America.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.