Have you tryed Avenova?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Would love to hear what people that have used this think of this product. Looks like it has a good rep for really helping mgd/blepharitis. Its by prescription. Thank you.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Its a eyelid/eyelash wipe. Guess its supposed to kill bacteria and help to open glands?
  • Posted

I tried it, tea Tree Oil works better, I think it's too expensive. BUT if i did use I would use a qtip to apply it, and it would last much longer. smile Dena

• Posted

I have tried it.  I bought it from my optometrist for $30.00.  You just spray it on your eyelashes ands rub it in.  It smells a bit like chlorox to me, but seemsm to work good.
  • Posted

Very pricey &I have been using it for months. It seemed to change my condition from moderate to somewhat improved initially but it is worse now so I would def not bank on it.

• Posted

My exact experience with Avenova but worth a try because it might just work for you.
  • Posted

I have been using Avenova for a month now.  I think it has helped alot.  I bought it from my optometrist.  I am only using it at night before bed.
  • Posted

I just saw my optomologist and when she checked my Blepharitis she said "Your eyes are looking really good. It's quite amazing actually." 

No oiliness, no crusty bits on my lashes, no stray lashes growing in the wrong direction, no lashes stuck together, just a little redness.

Avenova played a large part in my treatment over this past year.

I applied it to my lash lines morning and night by spraying on a Qtip. One for each eye to prevent cross contamination. I also took doxycycline. I followed this treatment for 3 months. I use a tiny bit of Aveeno Ecezma a cream on the skin oaround my eyes when and if they feel itchy.

In addition to this I started using a Tea Tree Oil replenishing shampoo and a natural aloe Vera and tea tree oil body wash and I change my pillow cases very other day.

Things were were getting better so I switched to over the counter OcuSoft PLUS wipes instead of Avenova which is expensive and a prescription. I cut the wipes into small squares and again use a Qtip to wipe along the lash lines. This gives me 4 days of treat from each packet! 

I use Retaine eye drops as needed- they are the best! very little evaporation. Using a Qtip to apply prevents irritating the skin around my eyes and I only need Aveeno cream occasionally.

I am so pleased with my progress and even if I am not going to be "cured" I can easily maintain this routine. I go back to dr in 6 months- who knows- maybe it will be gone for good. 

I do think allergies are by big triggers but the OcuSoft PLUS removes pollen and bacteria so I think I have found what works for me. 

PS: I spent. Lot of time research and trying different products until I found a combination that works for me. The info in this site has been amazing and since we are all different you have to have the patience to keep trying until you find a solution that works for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.