having a baby

Posted , 7 users are following.

Can i please apologies if i have mislead anybody, its my son and his wife who is having a baby and not me, at 65 and PMR i think i would shoot myself.

So ance again my apologies.

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Morning Margaret, I wish you all the warmest of Cornish wishes. May the pixies smile on you all! Regards, christina 
  • Posted

Good morning Margaret, my best wishes to your son and daughter in law on there forthcoming event, To yourself, please do not consider shooting yourself as you are too important to us all on this forum to do such a thing, and at 65 you are still a spring chicken. Have a good day even though its very wet down here in Hampshire, Dave.
    • Posted

Morning Dave, here too in Cornwall, it's raining pixies! Christina 
    • Posted

Morning Christina, I could do with some pixies here, have a good day and hope the rain eases up for you. Dave
    • Posted

Heat wave over here.  Getting really bored with it!  Sometimes too hot to go out.

C.

• Posted

Ho Constance, in your case let us all hope that it cools down to a more comfortable level for you. I am sure the weather here has changed for the worst due to the schools finishing for their summer break so as to keep the little kiddies indoors. Dave
    • Posted

Germany.  Don't be mislead, they've had terrific storms in some parts (mostly in the south - we are in the north west).  

I never thought I'd moan about it being too sunny!  However, a nice 22-24 degs would be pleasant,  28-34 is just too much for me.

Have a great, even if wet, weekend.

C. 💐

• Posted

Ah ha, good old Germany, I remember it well. As a first generation English girl my dear late mother would take me and my brother on holiday there every year. We stayed mostly around fallersleben, Wolfsburg. My mother came to England after the war and became a nurse but she still loved her country of birth. I haven't visited there for over 10 years, maybe I should I do sometimes miss those lovely holidays. I remember on one visit I lost the family tortoise and my auntie swore she'd never have me back, but she always did, especially after the tortoise was found in the next door garden. Then there was the time when we stole all the plumbs from her neighbours tree. Heinrich came out and dragged us home and I remember there was a loud to do. My mother then asked us if we had stolen all of Heinrich's plumbs. No, we replied before vomiting up a stomach worth of plumbs onto the kitchen floor. I still remember my mother then saying, oh really, well what's this! Have a great day. Christina 
    • Posted

Over here too Christina - I live in northern Italy, just south of the Austrian border and at 830m/2700ft. For the last 3 weeks it has been over 30C every afternoon, a few days it managed 34C/93F. Down in the valleys it has been 38C/100F. 

We were in China for 3 weeks and the last week was 34C and very high humidity anytime you ventured out of the hotel - it was like walking into a wall. It's quite funny now we're home as we're finding it quite comfortable at 33C and 40% humidity cool while everyone else is finding it a bit much.

But we are very lucky - being in the mountains the temperature falls to about 16C/60F overnight up here. Down in the valley it has been about 26C/79F overnight. Only hotels have air-con...

• Posted

Hello Eileen, 2 days ago, the day prior to this rainy weather, it was so humid that the safest place to be was inside, and even that was hot. But as soon as you went outside you really could have walked straight into a sauna, that's how humid it was then true to form the following day it rained and rained. The day of high humidity we had the dehumidifiers on and they both had to be emptied twice. Weather, it's never quite as you went it! Have a great day. Regards, christina 
    • Posted

Thank you dave and pauline (imaculate conception) spelt wrong i guess

Just been to lIDL after hearing all your comments, just saved eight pounds on usual shopping(nore for whisky) and bought branded goods. 

Will go again.cool

• Posted

Constance /Eileen sone people like to rub it in, worse summer ever i think here in darkest Heckmondwike.Hubby crumbling all the time, bless him.
    • Posted

Hi Margaret. Been there myself this morning but still had to pop into Tesco (sorry Eileen). At least they don't sell babies (yet). Have a good day whatever you are up to. Dave
    • Posted

Margaret, never heard of Heckmondwike until now so looked it up. Love the clock in the town centre and it all looks lovely so must visit if we ever caravan up in the Peaks again. I love looking up interesting people from towns that are new to me and have discovered Heckmonwikes darker side. Found this on the web "James Berry (1852-1913), executioner; hanged 134 men and women, and was the first British hangman literate enough to be able to write about his work, and did so in the book My Experiences as an Executioner". We have Henry Lyte down here who was curate in Lymington who wrote "Abide with me" so nothing as exciting as you have. Wish your hubby well. Dave
    • Posted

Dave look up birstall, we had the man Joseph Priestly who discovered oxygen, and oakwell hall is very interesting, the red house the brontes stayed there. Hubby eyes not so good, but we are keeping our fingers crossed.Thank you
    • Posted

When my daughter first moved to Whitby all they had was a co-op - pathetic and pricey! She did a lot of shopping at lidl which was the closest shop to her and had free parking (a bit plus in Whitby believe me!). Then Sainsburys opened - she said the shopping bill shot up.
    • Posted

Yes we shopped in that co-op plenty of times when we stayed there, we used to rent a little cottage near there. Love Whitby John wants us to go again soon, maybe in September before we go to Seahouses.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.