Having a bad day

Posted , 6 users are following.

Feel really bad today. :-) Used the steroid cream before bed last night , also some Balance Active up inside. Then today I have used a Vit E Suppository up inside. But I only managed an hour in town. Had to head home with the pain and discomfort. Went to the ladies in M & S but only managed a trickle. Home now. Am crying inside :-( If the kids disappeared for an hour, I would completely break down. I can't take it any more. :-( I would try the Estriol cream (GYNEST) again but I'm scared of the side effects. :-(

2 likes, 73 replies

73 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Awww bless you, really sorry you're having such a bad day. I hope your holding up a bit better now. I've brought some balance active gel you're supposed to use that for 5 days then once a week?
    • Posted

Hi Tracy, I'm just starting to feel like the fire is on its way out now. That was terrible. But I do feel a bit better thanks. Re Balance Active, use for 5 days then 2 or 3 times a week as needed? Where did you get your B A from?
    • Posted

Glad your feeling a bit better. I got the BA online from the balance active website 241 offer. To be fair there are only 5 gels per box so it worked out the same price as the pessaries not on offer lol! But their quite soothing.
    • Posted

We got the same gels Tracy! Yes they are quite soothing. I used one last night. But I can't be sure how long the soothing effects last as I felt awful this afternoon. I could have used another gel but they are so expensive, even at 2 for 1. So I used a Bit E Suppository instead and will use another gel tonight just before I get into bed.
    • Posted

:-) great minds. I'm not too sure the effect lasted long but maybe with time. I'm only using them as a top up due to the price too see if their any good 1st. Interestingly I used mine in the morning and laid down for a bit it didn't come out and helped in the day
    • Posted

Yes maybe with time the effect will last longer. I want to find out if they are any good too. Glad your gel helped you during the day after you used yours in the morning and laid down a bit. :-)
  • Posted

So sorry you are suffering today. It is so difficult to manage this condition. We don't know one day to the next. I was using the cream and then developed two yeast infections and Uti's every month. Thelma Lisa should be covered. If this were a male condition it would be
    • Posted

Hi Nancy, Yes its a very difficult condition to manage isn't it. As you say, we don't know how we will be one day to the next. Which cream were you using? Not good if you ended up with yeast infections and UTI's every month. Do you mean the Mona Lisa treatment should be covered? At least my pain and discomfort is lifting a bit now.
    • Posted

I was using Premarin. Yes meant Mona Lisa should be covered. Glad u feel a bit better. Day to day

• Posted

Hi, out of interest do you still need to use anything after your Ml treatment? OHow much do you feel its improved?
  • Posted

Well I woke up and this morning was great. No V A symptoms at all. But I could feel things building up by lunchtime and they came on stronger after a visit to the loo. So I've been in a lot of pain this afternoon. But I've just been to loo again and it seems to have eased the symptoms a bit. I don't think that Balance Active is my answer. I am fighting having to use HRT if I'm honest. But that may be the only option left for me, that and the steroid cream. sad
  • Posted

Have you seen a urologist? Sounds to me like it might be Interstitial Cystitis. Mind you some doctors do not believe this exists! If you can find one, see a Urogynecologist. And yes, there are such doctors. If that is what it is, it is treatable.Not curable, but it can go into remission. Look it up. Where are you getting these steroid creams and vit suppositories and don't want the Estriol cream? But you would use a steroid cream?
    • Posted

No not seen a Urologist and not heard of I C either but I will look it up when I get a minute. My steroid cream and HRT I got from the gynaecologist last week and the Vit E Suppositories I got on line. Mum just died 6 Months ago from a severe stroke and and as a result, I was really scared when I saw strokes in the listed side effects for the Estriol cream!
    • Posted

Ok, I had some steroid cream for my hands a while back, like 30 yrs, anyway I remember it burning bad sometimes, so I cannot imagine how it might burn on such a sensitive area. Owwwie.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.