Having a hard time losing weight

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been trying to lose weight for the last few years. I am starting to think maybe there is something wrong? Thyroid problem or something. I cardio exerice 1 hour per day and I only eat 1 meal per day, 2 coffees and water anytime. I only lost 2 pounds in three weeks. Why? Should I talk to my doctor about this? What should they be looking for? I am overweight and need to lose twenty pounds ...... I should for my health.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

iN MY opinion you are not eating enough and could be that your body is going into starvation mode - a kinda self preservation thing from back in the day cos your body thinks there is a famine - you dont have an aweful lot to lose so it will come of slowly in any case - i think you need to enlist in a healthy eating programme and i your gp has a dietician then this might be the first step in the right direction - or go to a wgt loss group s they generally have a healthy eating plan which does not involve starving yourself which you seem to be doing at the minute - i you do not eat sufficient you could be storing up trouble or the future and messing up  your metabolism but dont  take my word for it - get some proper profesional advice  
    • Posted

I am not trying to starve myself. I used to eat 2 meals a day but I was gaining weight. I cut down to 1 to see if I can lose any but the loss is very very slow .... I did lose 25 pounds last year but that TOOK 7 months. I was skinny for the first twenty years and then the weight gain started to creep in. I wish I could eat more but I can't gain anymore.
  • Posted

keep a food diary and be totally honest as to what you are eating and drinking - take it to a dietician or gp and ask for some help - maybe its not so much the quantity of food but the type of food - a dietician would be able to pinpoint what isnt right - good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.