Having experienced an exruciatingly painful colonoscopy a few months ago i,m facing a sigmoidoscopy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Having ecperienced an excruciating colonoscopy a few months ago i,m facing a sigmoidoscopy in a few days.last time i had gas and air and it was worse than childbirth.now i,m very nervous i will insist on sedation. can anyone tell me how much you can feel with sedation?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have no experience of having sedation but did have a sigmoidoscopy in November. I had no pain during the procedure apart from a little discomfort once when it went round a corner. Hope everything goes well. Good luck
  • Posted

I found that entinox was more than enough. The sigmoidoscopy was over within 3 mins.

Relax and try not to worry.

• Posted

Thankyou.that is helping me to feel a biit better about it.
  • Posted

I had a sigmoid done a good few years ago so my memory is slightly hazy.  I dont remember it being painful more like bloody uncomfortable,that was without sedation.  Just out of curiosity why are you havind a sigmoid done so soon after a colonoscopy?  I'm due a colonoscopy in a few days time and am going to have sedation, pain relief and gas and air

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.