hayfever HELP PLEASE

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi its march and my hayfever has started already , its seems to be getting worse as i get older . I am taking hayfever tabs daily , my nose is blocked at the top feels like i just want to press a button to let out pressure it runs constantly my eyes hurt and i even talk funny cause its bunged up . Nothing seems to work !!! .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

But how do you know is hayfever, what have you done before. Where are you?
    • Posted

Hi dave in manchester uk , it is always when the weather gets better grass is getting cut etc . When the winter starts it is ok .
  • Posted

Ok now listening carefully my humble suggestion:

- There is an NHS allergic clinic in Manchester

http://www.bsaci.org/find-a-clinic-1/manchester-royal-infirmary

- Now ask for a GP appointment and ask him to sent you there.

but

For what I have read and experience with my own allergy it is quite unlikely that any GP will refer you easily. The most probably outcome is that your GP will take your hayfever concerns seriusly and he will try everything available on your symptoms. This may help you to go through this hayfever season but however.

- Should this not be enough, insist to your GP again and then he may try to refer you.

- In the clinic they will test you for allergies and probably put you on an immunotherapy treatment (Grazax, Alutard shots, Oralair or similars)

Even if this is not a short term solution only if you push enough the NHS may take care of the problem. (I am in Scotland and in here allergic clinics do not take care of hay fever patients unlike in England)

If nothing works a private doctor may use a steroid shot which lasts the whole hayfever season but I have read that they do not do it on the NHS anymore because it has long term second effects (I might be wrong). Immunotherapy in the other hand atacks the reason of your allergy and its relieve effects may last for several years but it can only be started before the break of the polen season.

• Posted

My hayfever started in march also- deffo seems worse this yr. ive swollen eyelids everyday. no tablets, eye drops, cold face cloths seem to help. hope it doesnt last til sept - 6 mths - its more annoying than anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.