Head(ache/pressure), tired, confusion

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been having daily headaches for a while, sometimes just little ones and sometimes pretty bad. When I don't have a headache I often have a strange pressure on the right side of my head.

Right now I feel a little shaky, very tired, my brain isn't working like it should. I often find I'm reading things multiple times or taking far too long to work out simple maths things. And frustrated, every little thing annoys me.

I had put it down to stress or tiredness but I had a lovely day Sunday and woke up feeling like it yesterday and had a good 9 hours sleep last night and feel the same today.

Going to the doctor tomorrow as I'm fed up of feeling like this.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

A couple of other things I thought I'd add.

I do feel tired a lot of the time. Even when I've had plenty of sleep. i do also stay up late a lot though.

Headaches are often just on the right side of my head. Like now. And my neck hurts. And a kind of numb weird pressure around the headache area.

Any ideas or things I should mention to doctor tomorrow?

• Posted

And clumsy. I find myself bumping into things and really having to think about moving around things so I don't bump them.
    • Posted

Back in July I was having horrible headaches and pressure on the right side of my head and had an MRI done and they found I had 2 blood clots on my brain. My symptoms were bad head pain, normally on the right side and being dizzy constantly... I doubt you have that but anytime you have pain in the side of your head you need to take heed.. Because that is where your major blood vessels are and can be a sign of clots.
    • Posted

Interesting, thanks. Mine does come and go, always there a little though, but who knows. How are things for you now?
  • Posted

I felt thus way all week last week and I needed up taking my self to the ER. As soon as I saw the provider she wanted me to have a CT scan of my head to rule out a tumor, and ordered labs to make sure everything was okay and all was clear and good but was told I had the early stages of Bells Palsy. Do you have anxiety issues or overly stressed? I have been stressed and I feel like that's another reason why I feel this way as well
    • Posted

I suffered from bad anxiety a couple of years ago and realised it was caused by drinking far too much coffee. 10 cups a day usually.

I've definitely been stressed for a while. Hate my job, problems between myself and my wife, although we had the best day we've had in a long time together on Sunday. But I woke up feeling awful. And times I've been less stressed I've felt rubbish and felt ok when Ive been stressed.

So I wouldn't be surprised if stress is an issue but not sure if is all of it.

• Posted

I would just go ahead and make sure you go to the doctor. I hope it's only stress for you!
    • Posted

Thanks. I will ring tomorrow for an appointment to see a doctor and see how things go. Feeling much better tonight, possibly a glass or two of wine that's helped smile Finding it all very strange.
  • Posted

You may be anemic, I was having similar symptoms, found out I needed 2 pints of blood, I was so bad. After I got everything built up, they stopped.
  • Posted

Well that wasn't much help really. He's asked me to write a diary for my headaches. Got a form to be referred for physio on my neck but he doesn't think that is causing the problems as it's not bad enough. And no idea about the pressure and lack of concentration.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.