Head injury..suggestion required

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

Im 22 year old..I met with an accident 2 years back when i was goung on bike.i fell down directly down on head back side making no wounds on body.

There is very light bleeding on point of impact on back side of skull.i went to ortho spl doctor.

He made a xray of neck and resolved it quikly..

I asked him about head impact.he said there is nothing to worry.its just a normal bleed.

I never felt any dizziness or any issue post this event. But since 2months im having light pain in point of impact where there is a very small swellout.

Im not scared about this but for confirming it tobe serious or not... as i remember impact on head at time of accident was quite remarkable.

Pls suggest me whether i have to go for a CT SCAN OR MRI SCAN

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

WHICHEVER TEST IS MOST ACCURATE AND NO RADIATION
    • Posted

Hi nancy,

Im asking is it necessary to go for a scan or not...in my case

As my ortho spl doctor confidently said that its not a big injury to worry or scan things..

• Posted

IF THERE IS A QUESTION IN YOUR MIND ABOUT WHAT HAS CAUSED THIS NEW EVENT DO YOU THINK IT WOULD HELP TO CALM YOUR WORRY?     WHAT WOULD YOU ADVISE ME TO DO IF I WERE YOU?
    • Posted

Yes ..i do have a ques in my mind..

Will go for a scan one day and clear it off.

Thanks nancy.

Is there any thing like scanning entire body..i mean checking out full body ??

• Posted

Hi sri;   yes there is a good body imagery, known as CT Scan that images your entire body.  Another is called an MRI which would be more likely to tell you of any issues in brain/skull......it takes minute section pictures of each sstep of your internal body matter........also a PET scan is always used for brain and body tissue imaging........your GP can refer you to your local hospital clinic and they can/should be able to organize what they think is necessary.............................if you are having problems with your vision (double vision at times/pupils not dilating in the dark?), headaches/dizziness....then it is a very good idea to have this checked out........good luck...............Bron
  • Posted

GOOD INFORMATION.  THE  ONLY THING I WOULD ADD IS TO NOT USE A CAT SCAN.  IF I'M RIGHT IT USES RADIATION AND FOR A BODY SCAN USE TECHNOLOGY THAT IS NOT RADIATION.  JUST ASK THE QUESTIONS SO THE INFO CAN ENABLE YOU TO MAKE A CHOICE YOU WILL NOT REGRET.     

I PERSONALLY WOULD NOT HAVE A BODY SCAN - A FEW ARTICLES HAVE DECLARED IT NON BENEFICIAL.    THESE MACHINES ARE PAID FOR BY ENCOURAGING WIDESPREAD USE SO BE DISCERNING AND INFORMED.  GOD BLESS YOU

• Posted

Thanks bron and nancy for valuable suggestions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.