head lice

Posted , 6 users are following.

my grandaughter has head lice all the time we have spent £ and £ on treatment we have had perscriptions off the GP and spent hour after hour doing her hair it is pityful for her having to have this done all the time we have tried everything she has shoulder length very thick hair can anyone help please we even had her hair cut short but to no avail please HELP

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My daughter keeps getting them and me and my mum have tried everything to get rid of them and also spent a fortune. Can you if possible tell me how you managed to get rid of them, id rub horse dung in her hair if i thought it would help thats how desperate we are. Thanx for your time and patience. (Kerry) once agin, thank you. Xx

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service .

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

You're Fighting A No Win Situation with Lice

It's a known fact you have to face, more so with girls than boys, when it comes to lice you will not get rid of them fully until your child has reached the end of Junior Schools.

Regardless, of what you treatment you use to kill and remove the eggs, you will still see them in about 2-3 days. There are many mays of treating Lice, even if you use the old methods of plastering the scalp with conditioner and leaving it in for about 2-3 hours, this makes the hair very slippery and the Lice cannot hold on to the hair, sadly it does not remove eggs.

What we did to remove the eggs and Lice was the aforementioned followed up by using a "Nitty Gritty NitFree" Lice comb (These can be purchased at Boot's or Pharmacies can order them for you. But do not be surprised by the price, last time I bought one it was £11.00, it comes with a guarantee and is made of metal with a spiral inlocking comb, it not only removes Lice and Eggs, but also droppings as well. The best time to use conditioner is before using the comb.

This prevents the Lice from holding on to a strand of hair, eggs come off in the spiral action of the comb. As with any remedy it does need to be repeated 2-3 times a week.

The reason why these days you are spending so much money on LIce preventives is because you send your children back to school, it only take one child that has LIce to spread them back to your own child. 30-40 years ago, they used to have Nit Nurses, and if she found any you would be sent home and told to get them removed, before letting you back in to school.

All solutions work, but unless every single child is done in the class, you will get them back in a few days, some children you can see they have them just by looking at their hair, and they are infested with them.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Try using tea tree shampoo, I use this on my sons hair sometimes and he hasn't had any since. Even thou we get letters home saying a child in his class has nits. I also use it on my own hair it's good for the scalp to.
  • Posted

My daughter used to get head lice all the time tea tree shampoo and conditioner works along with a good comb x after using for a week never had them again
  • Posted

These days have gone when people have to shave their head hair off just because head lice and nits. Now people have numerous lice products and method that can easily vanished lice from your head through TinyLocks head lice removal service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.