Head, vision and throat symptoms please help, anxiety is unbelievable

Posted , 3 users are following.

I don't understand what's going on. I recently got back from an overseas journey, and a day or so later I had this on and off mild headache/brain fog that was accompanied by a slightly stuffy nose and blocked feeling in left ear(also an occasion of light headedness). Was incredibly anxious so went to the doctor(oddly enough symptoms stopped the day I went), and was diagnosed with sinusitis. I was given some stuff for headache pain and a nose spray. Went camping for a week and had no headaches/brain fog or blocked ear so didn't take the headache medication, but had a blocked nose. Then when I got back home things started happening again. I'm constantly checking my throat and swallowing to feel, as sometimes i think I feel a lump in my throat when I swallow, but then if I forget about it or eat food I feel nothing. I've also started getting on and off brain fog again, sometimes feel light headed and I have had on and off blurred vision when I look at some things from a distance(like writing), but looking at close objects is completely clear(it sometimes feels as if the blurred distance vision happens after I've been concentrating on something close at hand eg. Reading a book) This blurred vision thing has happened before; when I wrote my final exams I could see the exam paper very clearly in front of me but when I looked up at the clock the clock face would be completely blurred. I also sometimes feel a kind of heavy sensation around my eyeballs, like I've strained them.

I've been dealing with an unusual amount of health anxiety in the past year, so naturally these symptoms are thoroughly freaking me out..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

P.S sorry for the massive, unstructured paragraph

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you had your eyes tested?
    • Posted

No, I believed before that the blurred vision had to do with stress as it went away after I finished my exams
  • Posted

Do you have allergies, they can stuff nose, make it feel like you have throat swallowing (lumps) from drainage of fluids fighting the allergies. They also can cause blurred vision off and on.  Also, do you spend a great deal of time on computers? Eyes get tired and they may cause slower response time to react to longer distances etc. as you look up and about. They can cause headaches, as can allergies. Feeling spacey could be related to the but I do not know for certain. Stress can make you spacey too so maybe testing time played a part in all of this. You have already sought help, and you can always make more appnts.if need be. Try to slow your fears down, calm down, take a breath and do something that you love. All of these issues could be related to panic attacks. Look up on computer to compare symptoms. Mayo Clinc has wonderful free health issues information. Learning is a full time big deal job and it certainly comes w lots of stress. I am sending you a big hug and some of my calm aura to help your thoughts settle. Good job seeking professional help! Maybe talk w counsellors at school could enlighten you regarding the stress students deal with. Sounds to be like you are pretty capable and I am betting you will get a handle on your situation. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.