Headache with vision changes & balance issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had a constant mild headache for a few months now. I figured it was due to my fibromyalgia. Over the past couple days, I've noticed that my vision gets blurry sometimes & I get dizzy/off-balance. I went to urgent care & the doctor said it wasn't due to high blood pressure or sinus issues. She gave me an anti-inflammatory shot that did nothing. Any idea what is causing this? I will definitely be talking to my regular doctor about this but I don't see him until next week.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My doctor at first thought I had fibermyalgia so it could possibly be all from that.
  • Posted

It is important your dr does blood tests for a number of things.

First, get the dr to rule out temporarily arteritis.

Then you need your hormone levels checked--/ your thyroid hormones and cortisol. 

The blurred vision and dizziness could be indicative of hypothyroidism ( easily treatable and very common) 

You might need to insist these are checked but don't let your dr ignore the symptoms as mine in the UK has done. I've been fobbed off and have become very ill.

Make ke sure you are eating enough protein and healthy fats in your diet. You also need vitamin C daily. 

Check for other symptoms such as lower back pain, painful joints, muscle cramps. But get the blood tests as soon as possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.