headaches

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone experience headaches that you feel are menieres related? If so, what part (s) of your head hurt specifically?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm suffering from Menieres, taking Betahistine and Cinnarizine. Headache  top left of my head. Paracetamol doesn't help much, Paracodol is OK but creates other problems, so try to avoid. Do you get Insomnia? I can go several nights without any sleep, then sleep one night for about 12 hours.
    • Posted

No sleeping issues unless I get a headache in the middle of the night. Through the day I take 3 2mg Valium so I'm sure that helps because I did have problems before...was taking something specifically for it but after I got the dx and meds I was good to go on sleep.
  • Posted

Hi  yes I get headaches and I believe it is a feature of menieres and/or taking the med.  I take betahistines I would say a high dose.  I wake up each day with stiff neck and have to do  head movements and other exercises.  My stiffnes and headaches ease off but return after a good night sleep.  I dont have any issues with sleeping but have had to change my pillow several times.  The contour ones are a killer for me.  I also find when I go for a run or a swim my headaches ease.  
    • Posted

Funny you mention pillow changes because oI thought that could be the issue and have changed twice now. What part of your head hurts? For me it's the top of my forehead and back to the middle..both sides down to my temples.
  • Posted

Yes I  the headaches occur the same but it does go after my morning exercise.   I am on  betahistines which appear to work for me plus the exercises 
  • Posted

Hello, i havehad Menieres since 2007, however, I have always had trouble with my ears,and yes the kast few spins have been accompanied by a headache, which lasts longer than the dizziness, as if we dont have enough to put up with!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.