headaches

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have cervical sponylosis and I am suffering really bad headaches Does anyone else get them

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi,  I get the headaches really bad, have one now that I have had since Thursday!  It is sometimes so bad it makes me feel sick and it also hurts to press on left side of neck and back of head.  I am told that it is all to do with the CS but they are awful headaches so I symperthise with you x
    • Posted

Thanks Rachel for your reply ..My headaches last for days and it really gets me down.Like you they make me feel sick .... I get dizzy as well

x

• Posted

Yes, I too get horrendous headaches. I use Woodlock oil on my neck as close to the base of my skull as possible... However, I can't lie comfortably on anything but massage done in this way helps a great deal. 

Put your thumbs behind your ears in the hollow at the base of your neck, spread your fingers across the back of your head and massage vigorously for a few seconds. You are massaging the occipital nerves that are often causing the CS headaches...

Hope this all helps. Woodlock oil is available on EbayUK. Use it lavishly. It is very good...

• Posted

Hi

It's a very large club you are joining I'm afraid, a lot of people suffer both.  I've had headaches/migraines for 40 years and 10 years ago I was diagnosed with CS, now involving C4-C6.  Trouble is I've never been able to get to the bottom of my headaches and now the CS brings them on, so there's no chance.

• Posted

Thanks Yorkie.I thought the headaches must be linked to the CS.I have even had a CT scan of my brain because of the headaches and all was ok .
  • Posted

I've also had terrible daily headaches. In the end I went to a neurologist who prescribed a low dose of Amytriptiline. A miracle drug! No more headaches! Perhaps it's worth speaking to your GP. At least one thing doesn't hurt any more! xx

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Brevis

Unfortunatley I cant take amytriptline I have a bad reacton with it.

Glad it works for you xx

• Posted

About 10 years ago, at the age of 43, I was admitted to hospital with the most horrendous headaches ever, all sorts of tests, nothing confirmed/no diagnosis. Pain seemed to be coming from my neck, into my head. That level of pain subsided, until yesterday when I got another of those headaches. Doctor diagnosed Cervical Spondylosis, so now I know what causes the head aches and can hopefully get the correct treatment. 

I feel for you, it's really unpleasant, with the pain in the neck and head. 

• Posted

I have headaches and vertigo now awaiting scan to see how much my cs has progressed. Anyone suffering from cs gets my sympathy

• Posted

Having had CS for about 25 years and got sick of the headaches/migraines that last sometimes weeks. I have tried just about everything, however the occipital massages work well but do not stop the aches elsewhere... About 6 weeks ago my son brought me a Kombucha scoby (look it up) I use to brew this stuff years ago, however I have recently started drinking a small glass every morning and my headaches have all but disappeared. I also have other arthritis problems and they too are healing... It will be good for others to do some research on Kombucha. It is working for me...

It tastes pretty good too...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.