Headaches, dizzyness & now seizure.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello fellow sufferers, 

I visited emergency dept yesterday due to several days of intensified headaches, stiff neck and dizzyness. While there, I had a full blown seizure and became unconscious (what better place to have one than in a hospital). Has anyone else experienced seizure(s) with all this other crap we are dealing with or am I now dealing with two separate or connected health issues? The fun just doesn't seem to stop. 

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

goodness Marie, that sounds pretty bad! i haven,t had a seizure, but am sure anyone on here who had will  get in touch.  wanted to ask though, what did they say about that?  Did they do any tests etc.  surely they have you I. Record from your last visit and your history etc?   They must be able to tell you what caused the seizure surely and if it is connected to your dizziness . Let us know okay?  
    • Posted

Hello Gillian,

Yes, I most definitely will let everyone know the results. Neurologist on Oct 5 and EEG on Oct 10. MRI in Dec...ugh, such a long time to wait.

Take care my dear.

• Posted

Blimey Marie thats terrible.  Maybe youve got a bug of some sort.  Did they do loads of tests and get anywhere with them ?  Perhaps theyll take you seriously now.  I wonder if anyone else has had seizure.  I havent thank god.  How do you feel now ?  x
    • Posted

Hi Paula,

just a CAT scan which appeared normal. However, although I couldn't speak, as I drifted in and out of consciousness, I could hear the odd conversations. At one point, while in the imaging department, I heard one of the nurses with me say, "what are the results?", the other attendant replied, "a collapsed cervical artery". Now when I questioned this with the doctor, he brushed it off and said, "no, I didn't see that, anyways your family doctor will get the full report". I thought this was kind of strange. When I got home I searched symptoms of a collapsed cervical artery and they are exactly the symptoms I am experiencing. Go figure. 

Other than that, I am very weak from the episode and painful bruising on my chest, particularly when I breathe. Someone kept pressing deeply on my breastbone, trying to wake me up, I could hear them but I couldn't talk or move to tell them to stop.

Thank you for asking smile

• Posted

gordon bennett how scarey. have ujust got to rest now and see what comes next ? xx
    • Posted

With 3 months of resting, my tush is becoming flat as a pancake...lol!
  • Posted

Hi Marie, O also had a seizure (although I didn't black out) this was after a through infection, my dizziness started a week later, nobody gavee an answer as to what was wrong with me, they thought infection had travelled to my ear and knocked you balance off, the good news is that this happened 18 months ago and I've not had another one, thank god as it was so scary, hope your feeling better soon x
    • Posted

Hi Lorraine, thank you for your reply. I'm happy to read it has not come back, that gives me hope. Unfortunately, I just had a mild episode with my body tightening up again but nothing close as yesterday. It is scary. The vertigo I experienced after I fell to the ground and the convulsing was nothing I ever experienced, I just screamed out and that's all I remember before I blacked out. 

To make matters worse, and understandably so, I have now lost my licence to drive. I have to look in to this further, I hope it is just temporary.

• Posted

goodness Marie that would of been shocking for you - like the other comments did they explain as to why you are having seizures?   I also put this question out on a FB site that has 200 Aussie Members so I'll get back to you as to what they say! It's in all our best interest to know as to why this happened to you! 🍫 I think you need chocolate now! 
    • Posted

Well thank you Donna, that would be great to reach out to your FB site. It would be interesting to know if anyone else had this experience.

As usual, no explanation, just more appointments and tests. Grrrr.

Chocolate and a nice cup of coffee would be nice. Oh and butter tarts...

• Posted

You might want to,put a comment post on the Brain and Spine Foundation website I sent you as they have useful info in all the Kind,of stuff that goes on in our heads etc!,
    • Posted

That,s,okay.  I may be putting one on there myself too!  I have had a headache every day lately, and at this very moment dizziness real bad, not sure of it,s the headaches that makes it worse or what!
    • Posted

Yes, and please let your family dr know as well.  From what I have been reading, this seizure could also be related to a heart condition along with the headaches and dizziness. I don't want to put more things in your head (no pun intended) but I have come to the conclusion we need to be our own doctors. I just found out that the neurologist I am being referred to is the chief neurologist at the hospital with stroke/cardiology as its specialty. So I would think I am finally going to be in knowledgable hands. Please take care and I hope you get some relief soon smile
    • Posted

Hello Marie, 

I thought when first reading your message that you may have had a stroke. It's good to see that your Neurology dept. has that as a speciality.They may come to the same conclusion.

Best wishes Pauline

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.