Health anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi. New here does anyone else suffer wi Health anxiety? I have it really bad. Like now it's 3.44am & I'm awake scared my heart is going to stop. Is there anyone else? My partner doesn't understand he just thinks I'm being stupidĀ 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes I also have health anxiety and I know it sucks.every time I get a pain I google it and of course I've got every disease..I've just started new antidepressant and I googled that so I've convinced myself I've got every symptom. As long as you've had a good check up by your doctor we have to trust everything is ok
  • Posted

I totally understand and i also feel like im going to stop breathing or my breathing is not right.. Urgh
  • Posted

I totally get it, it's so hard for others to understand.

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?

• Posted

Hi emma yes i suffer from ha and hyperchrondia. Please realize its in our heads please dont google symptoms because you will automatically think you terminal. Please look into anti anxiety med it has done miracles for me. But please stay off google health it maes us crcrazy as we are always aon alert
    • Posted

Meds only block receptors in the brain making you dependent on them 4ever... Cognitive therapy or MORINGA..
  • Posted

My boyfriend doesn't understand it, either. He always seems to think I'm overreacting and being paranoid. He thinks that I make myself feel this way, for the most part. BUT, he has gotten better with it, yet there isn't much improvement. I love him, and he loves me. I think he just doesn't "understand" how bad it is. Lots of people think you cause yourself to feel this severe anxiety, or you would have to have been through some pretty f***ed up stuff to feel that way... Ya know?
  • Posted

This is very common with anxiety/panic.

If you have not done so already get a full medical check up.

If all is ok and it is anxiety consider therapy to learn how to cope with it.

Stay Strongcry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.