Health Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am so glad I found this site some of the dicussions here are similar feelings I have.

I have suffered from anxeity and depression for a while but have proabably not recognised it ealier. I have recently lost weight and thats making me feel evan worse. People telling me I have lost weight just drives me evan more crazy with anxiety because Im convinced I have cancer!!!

Gosh I just wish I could just turn of these thoughts, it doesnt help when I keep googling little twiches and pains and coming up with a cancer diagnoses...

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Its best not to google stuff

Are you on medication or receiving therapycool

• Posted

Not as yet I am down on the waiting list for CBT, It cant come quick enough... I just feel so helpless at times as I dont want to talk about it with family... Im a little frightened if it comes out I might lose my children.. Mental illness has such a negative label attched to it..
    • Posted

Unless you are a danger to yourself or your kids they wont be taken off you.

Go and see the doc see if medication is needed and CBT is good.

Get better for your kids

Stay Strong you are not alonecool

• Posted

You can start it on your own too. Tins of books on it and utube videos to at least learn about it. Ointerest even has some of the worksheets.
    • Posted

Thank you Lynne, no not I dont have feelings of hurting myself or others as I am petrified of dieing..!!

I have seen my GP and will try and be a little open with her, shes new because my old doctor has retired.

• Posted

Hi Nazmi,

I can totally relate to this! I am exactly the same when it comes to health anxiety, I goggle every little twitch/cramp etc! And it has made my anxiety far worse - to the point where I was literally booking doctors appointments every week - It was as though I wanted to be ill (which of course I don't).

I've found the best thing to do, is speak to your GP about how you are feeling. Luckily my GP has known me for years and could sense something was wrong with me and I am now on a waitlist to see a therapist and talk through my anxiety.

• Posted

Thank you for yout kind words of reassurance, I am struggling at the moment and often feel completly out of it when I have had an anxeity attack.

I had started boking to see my GP ever week and she sent me for a ecg and bloods as she thought my symtoms may be cuased by angina. I did say I was anxious/stressed. I thought going up to the hospital for them to tell me I am experincing anxety/stress hasnt really helped just made it slightly milder only for it to come back twice as strong!! Just desperate to understand my condition and manage it. x

• Posted

How are you doing?
    • Posted

I am doing ok having a few tough days as the pressure of life seems to further my already worsening condition but have managed a  day without the cramps and aches in my joints.

I reckon I have just got to work it out and help myself while waiting for professional help. x

• Posted

Hi,

I have had my appointment with my nurse practitioner only a few days ago, I felt a little better shes put me on propranolol to ease the fats heart rate. I am still experincing achs in my arms which are awful, the ease as i become a little more relaxed. I am doing yogo but it does not always work when your minds going 100 miles per hour. How are you ?

• Posted

i'm okay, could be better. 

do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?

• Posted

Hi

I dont have one at the moment but I am down on t wating list for a few..! I am taking vit d which was low which may explaithe reason for my depression and susquent anxeity.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.