Health anxiety convincing me i'm gonna die?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay basically i have bad anxiety & part of my anxiety is to do with my health. Recently i found a lymph node up in my neck and me being me i thought i had lymphoma so i started googling symptoms but i didn't have any? The lymph node up is small and it hurts to touch and it moves. My mum is a health professional and she is swearing to me that i don't have it but i can't convince myself otherwise. I'm also really scared to go to the doctor to put my mind at ease (( & i don't wanna feel annoying to them )) I have also had a runny nose & - sort of sore throat / slightly swollen tonsils and just feeling a bit under the weather. what should i do?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I also forgot to add IM ONLY 16 !!
  • Posted

In the UK there are colds doing the rounds, it sounds like you have a cold, it will sort out given time. Get some deconjestant and cold powders, I generally have a whisky and a glass of milk.

If you are worried about your lump, and your Mother feels it is nothing to worry about, trust your Mam.

If you are worried to distraction see your GP and have it looked at to put your mind at rest.

There is no reason why you feel unsettled to see your GP?. He will not hurt you go if you need to, He will not eat your or kick you out on the street.

BOB

• Posted

thank you so much this makes me feel a lot better!! And I don't know why I feel scared, I think it's because I don't want to be told i'm ill!

But Thank you again !!

• Posted

Hi

​My son had this.  He also has health anxiety.  He was so worried that he went to the GP a few times.  They said it was probably an infection and that the lymph glands do swell in reaction to the infection.  He got antibiotics but the lump remained.  He has been back again but has been told that the glands can take a while to go down, but there is nothing serious going on.  The GP also said that a cold would be a definate cause although he only had a very slight sore thoat.  Apparently very common for the glands to swell in response to infections or viruses.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply, you have no idea how much this has made me feel better!! I think i have an infection because now my body aches and more of my lymph nodes are painful and swollen! I hope your son is doing wellsmile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.