health anxiety for a long time help?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I've health anxiety keep thinking that something bad is wrong with me even though the doctor said there's nothing wrong with me but I don't believe them it's called health anxiety I've had scans but still don't believe the doctor.i should have faith in them but my mind doesn't.Keep thinking something going to happen to me doctor said I've got ibs but I think it's cancer.silly mind. please help anyone else have this problem.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have ibs also. Doc ain't giving me any meds because they say anxiety is the cause. Its horrible i constantly feel pain that's when i panic out saying im about t die. I'm always taking antacid over the counter one.but ibs lingers .

I'm scared too

• Posted

Hi Sharon.i too have ibs and doctor not prescribed anything for me either but you can go to library and get a book about it and what best foods to eat my daughter suffers with it too but she finds eating salad and rye vita helps with bloated stomach.hope you feel better soon.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.