health anxiety is getting me down

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does any one else suffer with severe health anxiety and know any methods to reduce it or stop it all together, it,s driving me mad worrying all the time that I have this or that wrong? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Worry is easy to have. My advice that I feel is solid is try to find a way to relax. Remedies for relaxing are on Google. I'd try to use homeopathic ones.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply...I really do need yo relax, I will google some methods, do you have health anxiety too?
  • Posted

Hi Julia im.not sure if I have the same thing ive been diagnosed with illness anxiety? I always think ive got something wrong with me ive been suffering from this for yrs im finally seeing a psychiatrist and starting to get a bit better so theres light at the end of the tunnel sorry I can't offer much help
    • Posted

Hi Allison, yes I think it is the same thing, I,m always thinking I,ve got something wrong with me too, It,s a living nightmare...Thanks for your reply, hope we both fnd a cure soon, good luck with the psychiatrist..
  • Posted

Hi Julia I am new to this forum I have had health anxiety for about 30 years on and off but for the last 3 months I have had pins and needles all over my body plus burning sensations then going cold been to docs a few wks ago all blood test ok he put it down to severe anxiety / depression we discussed changing my medication been on citalapram for 6 years and hopefuly see a therapist but like you I feel if there is something physiacally wrong with me all the time
  • Posted

I haven't been diagnosed with health anxiety..but i definetly have it.

Today a Pulmonary Dr called...wants to do a cat scan of my lungs.

​Yesterday Gastroentronolgist called...wants to do a cat scan on my stomach.

​I had already been to Pulmonary Dr. and he assured me the nodules on my lungs were not cancerous...but after someone else looking at them....they want me to come in for another scan because my last scan was 6 years ago.....and I had one nodule that was not calcified all the way (calcified is better i guess).

​he did tell me he believes it looks like the other benign nodules..but just wants to double check.  I've been freaking out ...and even before this...I was freaking out about other blood work.  Your  not alone.

• Posted

I have really bad health anxiety! Every day I feel like I'm just waiting for something to happen to me health wise. I Google my symptoms constantly. It's awful!!! I feel where you're coming from!
  • Posted

This is one of those areas that is actually best addressed spiritually. First question: what are you doing with your life? Are you active and engaged or spending your time focused on yourself? Second: You can worry yourself (quite literally) sick OR you can trust that there is someone bigger who holds your life in the palm of His hand. Learn to take every thought captive or before you know it you will find that you don't have a life left to live for worrying about what might happen. Having a disease or worrying that you will get one only leaves you with one reality either way: you have no life. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.