heart attack?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, again.

I know I've been posting a lot today but I'm feeling terrible.

It's 1:41 a.m in California and I can't sleep.

I suddenly started feeling my chest numb, just on my left side though as well as my arm. I feel short of breathe as well.

I went to the ER a few days ago, got and EKG and it came back normal. I went two days ago, again, got blood work done and it came back normal.

I'm freaking out thinking it's a heart attack and am about ready to call 911 to get checked. I've never felt chest numbness while having anxiety. I was hyperventilating about an hour ago though biit if it was because of that, I wouldn't be feeling numb right now.

I read online heart attack symptoms and anxiety was one for woman.

I'm 21, healthy, a bit over weight but healthy, no history of heart problems in my family. Is it a heart attack or just anxiety.

I know I'm not panicking so that's why I'm freaking out.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi heyzeidy

My name is Jesus Im also from cali and I went to emergencies like 26 times I recommend u to stop looking things up online that's only going make ur anxiety worst I tell u cuz I had felt all the things ur going threw how long have u had anxiety for I have 1 year with this and I feel like I can take it anymore

• Posted

Hi, Jesus.

I've gone to different hospitals so many times already it's unbelievable. I've been having anxiety for almost 7 months already.

• Posted

Yes I know how horrible is this but let me tell you something just try to make this part of your life u just have to get used to it that's what I try doing like right now I'm feeling chest pain so I just lay down for a bit and try to sleep to forget about the symptoms I also have pain on the side like under my armpit I want to go to ER so bad but I already know what there going to say so I rather stay home and try to calm down
  • Posted

To be honest when it comes to anxiety, you can think you're completely fine but unfortunately your physique keeps working and based on what you are subconsciously afraid of is what you would receive through physical symptoms. Heart attack pain is crushing and unbearable, your mind is so amazing that it would develop a symptom based off of what you believe it would feel like. So if you're anything like me you have been reading symptoms online and now they are beginning to manifest the way you think it would if it were to happen to you. Stop worrying about this because anxiety can kill you, ironically it can cause heart attack and stroke and other serious health issues, your young just like me I worry about stroke and occasionally heart attacks because I decided to do some research but in all reality it's all in your mind. I think it's called psychosomatic where you would begin to feel what you read or heard about so just try and overcome this yourself it's the only way to beat anxiety and that goes for everyone here fighting against it
    • Posted

It's odd that you're saying anxiety can kill us when I've read everywhere and been told it can't...
    • Posted

Remember, your mind and body go into overdrive when you're anxious or having a panic attack, kind of like a smoke detector that goes of with no smoke....I should have said anxiety can lead to something that can hurt you everyone's body has a limit and anxiety tests those limits which in any case the doctors always say to stop worrying to much of anything is bad for you
  • Posted

Anxiety can not cause heart attacks period, the pains felt by anxiety are caused by muscles contracting, yes it feels like your heart is beating faster that is just adrenaline releasing around your body, this feeling is frightening so we tense against it. Tension is what causes our muscles to contract especially our chest muscles arm muscles throat muscles the list is endless, but obviously if you are not aware of what is happening the feeling of adrenaline pumping around your body can be frightening, but being afraid causes more adrenaline to pump around your body and so the vicious circle begins as you once again tense against the feeling and start imagining the worst and those chest muscles start contracting again.Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.