Heart attack or anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 23 year old male, 5'10" around 200lbs. Hispanic. For the past 3-4 days i've had chest pain, arm pain, and back pain. The chest pain felt like someone was squeezing my esophagus. It lasted about a minute but was quite scary. It happened once when I was driving and hasn't came back. Today i've been having a dull ache on the inner elbow of my left arm. Where the arm folds/creases. It's a dull ache that last a few seconds then goes away. I also have a slight pack pain that comes and goes, like someone is poking me. It's about mid section on the left side. There's also some sharp pains under the breast/rib cage, very brief. Lasts about a second. Could this be trapped gas?

Could this be signs of a heart attack or anxiety? I've read so much on the Internet I don't know what I should do. I went to the Er in January because I thought I was having a heart attack. Did the EKG and everything was fine. I don't want to make another 4000$ trip to find it was just anxiety..

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you taken any antibiotics recently?
    • Posted

That is recently. What did you take? If it was an antibiotic of the fluoroquinolone class such as Cipro or Levaquin you could be suffering from a delayed reaction of toxicity.
    • Posted

I took Doxycycline Hyclate. Now that I think about it, could've been november or december that I took it. Could that still have a delayed reaction?
    • Posted

For a fluoroquinolone it is possible but I don't know about the Doxycycline.
    • Posted

I think I'll go to a doctor in a couple of days. What do you think he will tell me? What test do you think would I have to take?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.