Heart... Please help me guys. Please.

Posted , 10 users are following.

PEASE PLEASE HELP ME. It never ends. Every time I start feeling a little more confident that I am healthy another fear arises. This time it runs a little more deep. Recently it was the London Marathon and I saw on the news that a 30-year old army veteran collapsed and died 3 miles off the finish line. I have always been a big believer in exercise and for the past year and a half I have been training hard, doing quite a lot of cardio. After hearing this news I am now TERRIFIED that I am going to die of a sudden cardiac arrest due to the intensity I have been exercising. I have an appointment with my GP for the 11th of May but I am SO SO scared I am going to die before then. I have had severe health anxiety for about 3 years now and I have been convinced of a stroke, heart attack, clots and so much more and even called ambulances. I have been so close to calling an ambulance again but I HATE wasting ambulance time because it is so precious. I am only 17 and can’t leave the flat so if anyone can reassure me, it would mean the world to me. I often go dizzy but I suffer from sinus and have a cold thing at the moment but I can’t help thinking it is my heart... I read the odds are 1 in 50,000 but what if this time...?

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Once you get checked you'll be fine. Heart issues won't arise over night. Have u had an ekg in the past six months? He probably collapsed because he hadnt been checked for quite a while so he didn't know he had high cholesterol that would've caused a heart issue if bad enough. I have the same thing. But worrying and stressing does more harm on the heart. You will not die. 9 out of 10 people's "heart issues" are benign. Just calm.
    • Posted

Hi Delaina. Thank you for replying to me. I have been guilty in using Dr. Google... The suggestion of 'sudden death' due to intense exercise scares the hell out of me. I feel gloomy and like I am going to die. I am terrified. Thank you.
    • Posted

No. Google is your worst enemy. Look up things like "heart fear anxiety" or "chest pain anxiety" it'll bring you to sites that make you understand that millions of people deal with this and none of them die. You cannot die from panic attacks, just remember that. Look up calmclinic. Very calming and talks about all feelings
    • Posted

Ok. Thank you for the advice. By the way, I have had ECGS quite a few times. I am just scared to do any exercise now...
    • Posted

Try taking a walk 4 times around your house. Sit down. Let your heart calm down. Then pick up the pace and do quicker walks. Doing this will help your mind calm mentally and also make you understand that your heart does raise, but it goes down quickly also.
  • Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
    • Posted

This is a VERY complex question. I have been under therapists since I was 7 years old and according to my psyc there is nothing more they can do to help me. I have gotten to the point where I feel I am never going to come out of this situation.
    • Posted

have they given you a reason as to why they cant help?
    • Posted

Apparently they have tried everything. I found CBT helpful but die to the long waiting list and the amount of time I have been under them for and probably their budget, they only let me have it for 4 weeks.
  • Posted

Hey. I understand your fear completely. I have the same fear. My main concern is my heart as well.but you have to know that worrying will not help in any way. It's hard to do, but you need to try your best to calm down and think happy thoughts. Take deeps breathes that usually helps me and have someone you trust talk to you through it. Our mind is so powerful it's unbelievable it can make you think and feel things that are not even real. Just hang in there.
    • Posted

I know the anxiety is probably making me ill. I am trying to believe that these symptoms are caused by my mental state and not physical state. I feel there is nothing happy though, I have pulled out of college because I am so terrified of being ill. I would rather die alone than with everyone seing me.
  • Posted

My panic attack is an accumulation of piled up fatigue, emotional stress, and worries. For couple of weeks, I experience some full blown and mild attacks, but in some duration of time, I learned some techniques.

Since my body is stress and very sensitive to pain, even a small pain from stomach, or foot, or head, or at the back, it transmits all the pain to the mind. When my mind feels the pain, it starts to worry, and when it starts to worry, it goes to my stomach, and my stomach starts to produce acid reflux and that can cause gas pain, gas pain that makes heart burn, (which added to your panic) weakens the whole body, pain at the back. When I started to have panic attack and not control my breathing, it caused heart palpitations, dizziness, rapid thinking, numbness of the whole body, sweating of palms and coldness of both feet. (Not everyone has same symptoms)

Now my technique is to get rid of gas pain, by forcing to burp, and it feels me a lot better. Burp all the gas, no matter how many times... And if I am caught on guard and panic attack arises, proper breathing is the best solution for me not to feel dizziness, and all sort of pains, and focus onward environment not inward toward how i feel.

No more xanax which i took for two weeks, no more gaba herbs, which i also took for two weeks after xanax. Omeprasol (2 weeks) and probiotics (once a day) help me a lot now. Im also drinking one cup of turmeric tea once a day.

Again, burp regularly if you feel some pain, and control breathing. Take some advice from youtube. I learned my breathing techniques there.

• Posted

Hi Vincent

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and share your experience with me. I am really sorry you have had to deal with this horrendous disorder. But it sound slike you are coping better now?

You have helped to reassure me that this is probably anxiety because you share similar symptoms to me. Thanks for the advice around gas. I will give burping a go. 

Best wishes.

• Posted

Try to be aware of your feelings after the burp, try to notice the if pain gets lesser or gone. Nothing to lose except gas. Gas makes all the pain such as heartburn, or all over you body. Try burping even if you dont feel to. Get rid of the gas before it will convert to panic attack. Kill the gas, and you will feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.