Heavy leg feeling and swelling.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

Does anybody have symptoms like mine . Recently over the last 7 to 10 days, at night once I got to bed , my legs from my knees drive me mad. The legs are like aching, not painful but I've got to move them around the bed. There's no crap. My knees are slightly swollen and my ankles are definitely swollen and hurt. It's not like I walk miles. My kidney function is dropping gfr19. Help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Gayle,  what medications are you on?  When I started on prednisone my legs swelled and I was very uncomfortable.  I'm off prednisone now but my legs continue to feel uncomfortable.  No swelling just uncomfortable feeling.  No doctor knows why.  Hope you can find a solution.  Your GFR is pretty low so it may have something to do with that.  I'm sure your doctor is on it.

good luck.

• Posted

All your symptoms are related to kidney dsyfunction. What did the doctors recommend or diagnose you with? 
    • Posted

Seeing them Friday. Just seeing if anyone as similar symptoms with kidney failure
  • Posted

Sounds like "restless leg" syndrome which happens at night. I would check with your doctors to see if it is related to your medication or other issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.