Heavy, painful periods - HELP!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I'm 27, no children and currently not using any contraception. Every month when I come on my period it is that heavy I have to use a towel and tampax and change every two hours otherwise it leaks right through my clothes. There is also really bad and painful clotting. This has started to affect my daily life as I am unable to work on the first two days of my period. I'm in such horrible pain, can barely walk and bleeding right through my clothes every few hours. I've been to the doctors and they have done some tests and have said everything is fine. The contraceptive pill doesn't help either, as I've tried that and I don't like the thought of a coil. Have any of you had any similar problems and can recommend something to help me? Thanks in advance.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes I had that a few years back it's awful. What tests did you have ? You may have uterine fibroids that's what I had. I had to have mine removed. I still have heavy periods but nothing like before. I now take lysteda it really helps to slow down the flow.

• Posted

Hi Tricia, thank you so much for taking time to reply, I really appreciate it. The hospital tested me for emniditriosis as my mother and sister had it but they said I was fine. They also checked the lining of my womb and ran some blood tests and said everything looked normal. I am going to go back to the doctors on Monday so will mention your comment and see if they think that will also help me. Once again, thank you for replying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.