Heavy periods

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started with anxiety back at the beginning of December. I was prescribed tablets sertraline took one and had a bad reaction but was told to try carry on with them. I decided I wanted to beat it without tablets so I attended stress control classes which seemed to work well. Anyway last month my period was very odd - I'm assuming due to stress. Not much there. Anyway came on yesterday and it's so bad! I'm at work and it even went onto my chair! Is this normal? (Sorry boys)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dear kirsty,

This seems completely normal, your emotional state will seriously affect your periods. The brain does some strange things to you body when you are under stress or have perceived anxiety. I have known girls who have had a toral mixup with their monthly cycles because of a break up with their boyfriends, some girls even think they are pregmant and get even more stressed up. You take it easy, try to relax, if you want to make an appointment with your GP but I am sure he/she will say the same.

I know these things are worrying but you will be alright. I understand you not wanting to take your medicine but sometimes it helps you over the bumps until you don't need it. I have taken all sorts of things until I can manage without it. I have lost a lot of weight and have come off insulin.

Please take care of yourself and have a nice rest, you will feel better soon I am sure.

best regards

bob

• Posted

Hi kirsty20637

Can I just ask are you around menopause age. I had my second child and I believe that put me into early menopause. It started off with really heavy periods and I mean really heavy. I started to have panic attacks and my anxiety went through the roof. I was given medication that I reacted too for depression. I also had talking therapy which helped too. But i was also told  I was going through the menopause . So if you are of that age get it checked it helped me to understand that little bit better.

• Posted

Hi Wendy, I'm only 31? But today everytime I've gone to the toilet I've had blood clots. I always get a few but had loads today!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.