Hello.....again.

Posted , 14 users are following.

It has been a long time since I have posted on here. I am not "cured", yet !  I am ok.  I hope that anyone who remembers me is ok, too. 

Alonangel 🎇

4 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Alonangel,

yes I remember you. How are you doing. No one is cured it's always a remisssion of some type it's so different for everyone. 

Most here can write about how they are doing. So many new members since you have been here last.

im in the states and my story is my son is dying from this disease. 

I try to help more here yet it seems I annoy them more that I intend . Also show show support. 

it a tough road and we all need someone who understands and knows about this disease. 

Most at of all you are not alone any we are her to talk and support. 

Many blessings sent your way.

Hope4cure

• Posted

Thank you for your reply and kind wishes, hope4cure.  

I hope your son finds a way out of his addiction.  Alcohol is a powerful competitor.  Sooooo hard to beat it.

He is blessed in having you.

Kindest Regards,

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Thank you for your kind response. 

Younare soonright Aud is a progressive disease,and I hope you have been OK.

MANY prayers and blessings for you every single day. You are not alone and we are here for you. 

Hopexxxx

• Posted

hi again..you are improving I think..pls give details...Robin
    • Posted

Hi Robin.  Thanks for replying.  My "improvement", varies.  I finally sickened myself of wine. Can't drink it now.  Poison of choice, now, Gin&Tonic. 

It's a different worry.

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Nice to hear that you are okay.

Good for you.

• Posted

Thank you.

I am trying hard, I am using a bit more control.

It is such a long battle.

I wish you well.

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Hi Alonangel, things are much the same here, no worse and perhaps just a little better.  Good to hear that things are OK with you.

Pat xx

• Posted

Hi Pat.  Just a little better, as you said, is a move in the right direction.

I am trying to reduce, gradually, without medication. It is slow progress.

We can't stop trying to stop !

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

please know that medication can help prevent relapse and stop cravings with a doctors / nurse/ addiction counselor, supervision. They can teach you tools to cope with the triggers that hijack the brain. In time the cravings and triggers untrained the brain. 

• Posted

Thanks, Hope.  I just don't seem to get the medication right.  I am waiting to hear from Addictions people, re G.P. referral.  I have been avoiding it waaaay tooooo long !

Does your son get that type of help ?

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Good for you I'm so glad you have been going down that paths mess for recovery and retraining the brain by stopping the cravings.

my son does not try any more there are many ways for him to get help but he is so lost in the addiction his brain is toast I'm sorry to say. He has developed many mental,disorders from years of AUD. 

Youbcan be be a success story to help so many! 

Please keep posting ting I know with help and following procedures and protocols in your health addiction service many here have done well. 

Keep posting.

• Posted

Lots of love for you, I cannot begin to imagine how sad you must feel....never lose hope, you have many, many people behind you....and your beloved son may still improve....God bless you both lovey.....in my heart, my thoughts and prayers....xxxxxxxx
    • Posted

Back at you Dee! You are a strong intelligent kind and helpful friend. 👍

Many blessings sent ur way! 🙏🏽

HOPE4CURE xxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi, good to hear from you. I'm reallynpleadred things are going OK. I have slipped back alot over the past year, since my local services stopped. Need to get a grip again - hard on your own.

• Posted

Hi h1954. I am sorry to know that you are having a hard time of it.

We both realise that there is no easy answer.

Keep trying, my friend.

Wishing you well,

Alonangel 🎇

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.