Hello...any advice welcomed!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi...I'm new to this forum but was looking for some advice really.

At the beginning of September I suffered with campylobacter food poisoning..docs fobbed me off gastroenteritis etc etc finally got diagnosed and antibiotics after 3 weeks. I was off work for 4 weeks and have never seemed to fully recover. I am constantly tired, with aching arms and my legs really ache..unable to do anything other than go work, which can be a struggle to get through the day (luckily I can manage my time so rest in-between doing work)..can't always manage to drive! I seem to have an unsettled stomach occasionally..can't have any spicy food or alcohol..if stomachs bad tiredness is really bad. It's getting me really down had loads blood tests nothing showing, going back docs again this week but it's now been 3 months and still feel awful.

Could this have developed into post viral cfs? Any replies appreciated :-)

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, Dotty. Unfortunately, this can happen, and your symptoms do sound like ME/CFS. The best thing to do is get plenty of rest and pace yourself. Now, in the early stages, is the best chance for you to make a recovery. But to do this, rest is paramount. If there's any way to take time off of work, that would be best. Better to take some time off now than to be forced to leave work forever because your illness got worse. This is what happened to me. There is no know cure for ME/CFS.
  • Posted

Hi Dotty, I'm so sorry to hear how you are suffering since getting campylobacter. All I can say is Jackie has given you the best advice possible and rest is paramount. I got campylobacter in 2010 but instead if the hospital testing my stools, I was discharged and sent home but had picked up the hospital bug c diff. I was then treated for both but now suffer severely with cfs fibromyalgia widespread arthritis etc so wot has ended and my life has changed. Please listen to jackies advice so you can give yourself a better chance of a full recovery. My bowels have never been right since. I wish you the very best x
  • Posted

Thanks for your replies, appreciate it :-)

Yes I'm going to make sure I rest as much as possible and speak to work about reducing my workload.

Are there any supplements that could help..I'm currently taking a multivitamin and selenium a c e

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.