Hello. I have been recently diagnosed with plumanary sarcoidosis.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Started 40mg of prednisone day. Still fatigued yes getting better. I'm looking for a good was to change my old habits and try to start eating Foods helpful for this condition. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears this is all new to me.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gee,

I was diagnosed with pulmonary sarcoidosis in March this year. Started off on 30mgs reduced down to 5mgs. Had to go back up twice due to chest infections but back down to my maintenance dose of 5mgs now. The fatigue does improve but there will be times when you improve that you will have days when the fatigue is there. An antiinflammatory diet is a good one to follow and sugar free and reduced salt too as the steroids cause high blood sugar and can lead to diabetes. They also raise your blood pressure which they did for me and I had to go on a tablet for a bit. Exercise is great. You may not feel like it now but it really does help. Do as much as you're able to do even if its just to clear your head.

Hope this helps. Feel better soon.

Polly.

• Posted

I go to Weight watchers to keep my weight down 
  • Posted

Lol i need to do this aswell ive been trying to eat better! But i keep getting major munchies!!! I Need some self control!!! X
    • Posted

I know all about the munchies its so hard trying to be good. Its like I can't control myself sometimes,my brain just goes eat, eat, eat......sad

• Posted

Lol i ate a whole tub of choclate fudge browmie ice cream! I know i shouldnt but its blooming lush!!! X
    • Posted

Omg I wanted to eat the whole refrigerator up 😲. Hahaha All bad. I bout a lot of healthy snacks Instead 😞

• Posted

Thank you everyone for you encouragement. It's kinda scary. I feeling better everyday, still get really fatigue tho, but not as much. I did have to up my diabetic meds because of the prednisone.

• Posted

Lol any chance your gettinf the aches with these munchies haha! I swear my whole body hurts sad but i feel better in myself on my 10th week and down to 15mg starting to feel pants again though how are you gettin on

• Posted

Sorry for the late reply. I recently was hospitalized with my blood sugar at 750 😲 from my Dr and I trying to balance the insulin and prednisone (all bad) . Since then my Dr reduced my meds to 10mg. Felt like I was getting all the side effects geesh. My muscles had gotten very weak . I have been walking and pushing myself to strengthen my muscles back up again . I can now climb stairs again slowly but I can do it in my doctor sign me up for physical therapy as well . I blew up like a balloon and my legs were so swollen I could barely walk. So my Primary care physician put me on lasix and that helped a lot. I now my jaw is starting to clinch and my shins are cramping everyday (it sometimes wakes me from my sleep).

I'm due for another CT scan in the about two weeks and I pray that it show that mine live nose are shrinking because this is very difficult annoying

• Posted

Sorry.

Pray it shows that my lympth nodes are shrinking. I knew it was goino to be a challenge before it got better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.