Hello ... Thank goodness there is someone to talk to 😀

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm Mandy and I'm new to this group ( thank you for having me)

i have been anaemic for a few months now and I'm feeling a bit upset about it now. My ferritin was 4.2 and other reading was 108 ( sorry don't know what it's called!) I have been given Ferreous Sulphate and Then Fumerate both made me so ill. I'm now on Sytron ( liquid) which is better but not great. 

I feel very low about it as I feel it's affecting my life. Is anaemia known for creating a low mood? X

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm not anaemic but my ferritn is low (although not as low as yours) I've had lots of rubbish symptoms but thats now making me very anxious/low mood. I have just started on anti depressants. I'd say it can make your mood very low. I'm on ferrous fumerate and although i saw a slight improvemtn I feel like its going backwards again. I've been on them 5 weeks. Hope your mood lifts soon
  • Posted

Did they seek out the reason your ferritin is so low? Anemia is known for bringing you down. It makes you very tired and weak, which will lower your overall mood. 

When mine was 5, I had a blood transfusion. I felt so much better after. I really think they need to make sure there isn't a reason for your level being so low. 

• Posted

Sorry, my hemoglobin was 5 not my ferritin. Ferritin is low protein that stores the iron. 

Im new here I don't know how to edit the comment. smile 

• Posted

Thanks for getting back to me.

i feel a bit reassured knowing that it's a common symptom. I have been having a lot of bleeding ( delights of menopause) so I guess this is the root cause of it. Plodding on with the Sytron and fingers crossed it works X 

hope you you both feel better soon too x

• Posted

Hi Mandy, my son just had blood work and his ferritin is low but iron is normal. I was wondering if your iron was normal or if it was low too? He doesn't have a follow up until the end of the month. I got his results online. I'm trying to figure out if I should call his doctor sooner. Thank you for any help you can provide. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.