Help!!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have anxiety quite severe been on sertraline for 5 week haven't had a panic attack in 6 week but earlier today I felt nausea and my legs seemed a bit heavy I ignored it then 15 minutes ago I went upstairs to vak up and got really dizzy and dilerious I stopped vaking up and looked in the mirror I thought I was having a stroke I'm now laid on the sofa sweating bad tingling shaking heart racing am I having a panic attack but just out of nowhere after 6 weeks of been okay really??? Or am I having a stroke I have no signs of stroke I'm not numb or anything got no bad headache my face isn't slanting ...Please someone get back to me sorry for the lengthy post.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Catherine, It sounds like a panic attack, I get the very same symptoms they are horrible. I have been to a and e so many times and they have said its anxiety.

But if you have not been diagnosed with anxiety best see a doc

Take care

• Posted

I have been diagnosed with anxiety I'm so scared though I keep thinking I'm having a stroke or something x
  • Posted

This was happening to me the first few months i was taking sertraline then slowly went away as time went on, i wouldn't worry about it too much but if it continues for gets worse then maybe try switching medicine, a lot of people have to stop taking sertraline because of horrible side effects like the ones your having
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your comment,yeah it was so scary I thought I was seriously ill because I haven't experienced certain feelings I was feeling before then,I feel ok now but still a little spaced out. Hate this anxiety I'm only 24 and it's effecting my life not as much as it was but still some. sad
  • Posted

Hi Catherine

Am in the same boat as you, experiencing high anxiety and panic attacks, alongside intrusive thoughts and the list is endless ... my main concern am very much aware of my breathing, seems like I have to desperately try to get some air into my lungs. are you experiencing something similar?

• Posted

Hey yep me too I sometimes think I've stopped breathing and gasp that happens to me sometimes when I'm asleep too x
    • Posted

my doctor has put me on citalopram 20mg, do you feel your medication has made any improvements??
  • Posted

It sounds to me like a panic attack. So just try and remain calm and breath slowly. Try watching a movie or journaling to get your mind off of the attack. If after a couple hours and you are still feeling the same way, go to the ER. It could possibly be a side effect of your new medicine. Either way, it's better to be safe then sorry. Best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.