Help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

So after taking this for a month, I was told to come off. So my doctor told me to take 75mg once a day rather than my usual dose twice daily, he then told me to completely stop them after a week of taking them once a day.

Stopped on Thursday. Felt fine the first two days off, but now I can't even explain how bad and terrified I feel.

My stomach is literally not holding any food down what so ever, it literally comes straight out the other end in liquid form. I can't think, it's hard to explain that feeling, but I literally can't think? I'm unable to stand still due to dizziness and my head is pounding. I literally feel like my whole body is just giving up.

I went to the hospital today and they told me it can't be withdrawal as I wasn't on it long enough!!!!!????

I've also been taking Sertraline since Thursday to replace the Pregabilin. Which is what they've put my feelings down to.

I just need some advise, a light at the end of this dark dark tunnel.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for your suffering.  You need to taper slowly, retake, stabilise and then drop it very slowly, maybe get the smaller dose tablets.  Sertraline will not cover the withdrawal, and it is withdrawal, only the Pregabalin can do that.

I hope this helps a little.

• Posted

It could be the Sertraline or whatever. You could be intolerant to it, like I am towards Smalilan. I was fine for first 2 days of taking it too and then a lot of symptoms apeared. Worst of them were extreme diziness, unability walk straight and weird feelings of pounding head.

Ask your doctor what to do. My doctor said to stop taking Spamilan and increase Pregabalin dose when I contacted her(I had both Pregabalin and Spamilan prescribed at that time to see wchich works better for me, btw - Pregabalin doesnt seem to have any side effects but also doesnt help, Spamilan was helping me but side effects were too severe to get used to and getting worse and worse everytime I took it).

I checked. Stomach issues, dizziness, focus issues etc are described amoung potential side effects of Sertraline, pretty much like in any other medicine of this type. So I doubt it is withdrawal thing. You are just intorelant to the new medicine.

• Posted

Hi Sonniej.

Sorry to hear you're so unwell.

I pretty sure it's the pregabalin.

It's a horrible medication! and does cause withdrawal at basically any length of time or dose.

If you persist you will improve.

I don't advise going back on it as 6Calmer suggested, as you're just going backwards and will be in the same place again.

Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.