Help !

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is my first post on this site . I have crohns which I was diagnosed through lots of investigations after being admitted to hospital almost 3 years ago . Not been feeling well this week.started with what I thought was the flu all feverish and body pains . Now i have really back hard distended painful tummy.I'm sure it's all to do with crohns but not sure what to do .

Can anyone give me any advice.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have had similar. What medication are you on Jo ?

• Posted

Hi . I take 50 mg azathioprine

10mg allopurinol and I have infliximab infusion every 8 weeks .I recently have been diagnosed with bile salt malabsortion so I take questran sachets .

• Posted

Hi. I take azathioprine. Allopurinol and imflixilab infusion every 8 weeks
    • Posted

are your liver /pancreas functions being monitored monthly ? I expect they are. I was on aza for about 4 months when I developed high readings for liver and pancreatitis in  monthly blood tests. This was accompanied by a stitch-like pain nagging on my right side just below ribs. Very occasionally it was on the left. Was told to stop Aza and pain cleared up after about 2 weeks.

Not sure about the other meds you are on.

• Posted

Jo i too have bile salt malabsorption & am on questran sachets. Are you aware with questran you have to take all other meds including vits either 1 HOUR BEFORE QUESTRAN or 4 HOURS AFTER any other meds/vits? Its very important as if you don't follow these timelines, other meds/vits will get "stuck" in your system & not work properly. x

• Posted

Hi. No I wasn't aware .thanks for telling me .I take all my meds on a night time and the questran I take on a morning . It works really well for me and I don't mind the taste although not nice at first!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.