HELP!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello i had my appendix out 8months ago with keyhole surgery and ever since dishcharge and pain in my belly button! Had numerous antibiotics that clear it up for a few days then it comes straight back!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laurx,

I'm sorry you're in pain! That's awful. If you're not already go to the doctors asked to be referred to the surgeon who performed the surgery as there's clearly an ongoing infection if not you and you're in the UK complain to the hospital the PALS team and they can organise a hospital appointment with the doctor. Hope you get to sorted.

• Posted

Been to the doctors loads of time and just get given different antibiotics this has been going on for 7months!

Ill look into that! Thank you

• Posted

Yes do, you need referring and if they won't complain about the surgery to PALS and they will give you an outpatient appointment as you are suffering complications from the operation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.