Help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm writing this from my bed as I'm experiencing the worst pain I've ever felt. As my partner left our bed this morning to leave for work, I turned around quickly to kiss him goodbye and I felt a sudden pop in my neck, it hurt, but I was extremely tired so I fell back asleep and forgot about it. When I woke up two hours later, the pain in my neck is now excruciating. I can no longer lift my head up I feel as if my neck is paralyze, because with even the slightest bit of movement the pain increases. I'm currently stuck lying in the same position in my bed, with a full bladder, and no one else in the house to save me. The pain is so bad, that defecating on myself feels like my only option. ( but I'm going to hold it as long as I can) On top of the neck pain that I'm experiencing I also feel lightheaded. To describe the pain the best I could, I would say it feels sore/stiff as if any muscle would after you have worked it out at the gym, but multiply that by 10,000 and subtract the gym.

I don't know what to do, if anyone could help me, I'd appreciate it.

-Prisoner to my bed

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

watch on youtube how to sleep properly, less pillow on the head area and put pillow on your chest, it will help you not to change your sleeping position. you are lucky you have your partner haha, sad thing for me, it will ease the pain maybe after 3 days or a week.
  • Posted

Did you make it out of bed?
    • Posted

Hi! Hahaha thank you for your concern, & yes I did fortunately after several hours laying there helplessly I was able to get up and walk with my neck turned to the side. About two days after the incident when I could no longer bear the pain, i went to a doctor and he said i sprained my neck (which I've never even heard of one spraining their neck before) he then prescribed me Norco's but that did not help the pain whatsoever. Even after a month although the pain has decreased my neck is still sore when I move it to the right. I hope to some day soon feel normal again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.