help

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone,

I am having my colonoscopy tomorrow so having the laxatives now (fleet phospho-soda) and I have only been having water and I am starving! Was anyone else starving?

Should I continue to stick with just water or try something with sugar in? like fizzy drinks?

Many thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elaine,

I found that sucking soluble sweets, e.g. Fox's glacier mints helped.

• Posted

Hope it went well, not to uncomfortable !

You didn't have to stick to water only, you are allowed any clear fluids, so clear soups , fruit dinks ( without bits ), bovril type drinks and you can eat jelly.

• Posted

Ok thank you for your advice. It went ok except I was in a lot of pain during the procedure and I have rang the hospital today as I have been having abdominal pains and was sick a little today and still feel unwell. Did anyone else feel this way? I feel silly ringing the hospital though, just waiting for them to return my call.

Thanks

• Posted

You are not alone in feeling pain during the procedure, most people do.

Not silly at all phoning the hospital, best to get it checked.

Never had any problem myself ( had many done ), hopefully it was just the sedation that's upset you.

Best of luck, hope you recover soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.