Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am going crazy here.  This started about 7 weeks ago...It started with a "Racing" heart when i would do the slightest thing.  I have  had numerous ekg's...a stress test "without dye".  and a few echo ultrasounds....they all say everything is fine...HOWEVER the last couple of weeks i just get this "THUMP" feeling and sound..i can actually  hear it.  The dr did a halter monitor and said they are ectopic beats and pvcs...harmless.   Well they don't feel so harmless..i feel like i'm going to die when they hit me.   I don't know how this started but i want them to go away.  I can't function with them...i go out to the store and i'm a nervous wreck trying to get home before they "hit".  I also still do have the "racing" heart feeling...although my heart rate is in the 90s i just am very aware of it and feel it pounding.    This is all making me really crazy.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for your thread. Kindly start taking cavedilol the better blocker. Since i began using it...i no longer have them. I am on cavedilol 22.5 mg.
    • Posted

12.5mg i meant
    • Posted

i was put on toprol xl but the racing heart was worse on them and the thumps were "harder".  I  stopped taking it.
  • Posted

As your doctor said they are 'harmless' and will not kill you. My GP when he describes them always puts in the THUMP.

The following may help reduce ectopic heartbeats for some people:

Limiting caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco

Regular exercise for people who are inactive.

Most ectopic heartbeats do not need to be treated. The condition is only treated if your symptoms are severe or if the extra beats occur very often.

• Posted

i agree they wont kill me "IF" that's what's really going on.  However i don't feel well either...i'm short of breath because my heart is always racing...i can't do exercise because i'm too tired and nervous to do it.  Up until 7 weeks ago i went to a gym 5 days a week and ran 4 miles on a tread mill...then this started.
    • Posted

You must have been pretty fit when going to the Gym. During exercise  your heart rate would have been well over the 90 it now is and you were not then out of breath.
    • Posted

I was very fit..i have always had a high resting  heart rate but i could run.  That's how i knew something was wrong..i didn't go to the gym for a few days because i wasn't feeling "great"...just a little off then i would go up a flight of steps and get winded and my heart rate would go up ...fast forward 7 weeks and here i am.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.