help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I don't know what to do. I have been suffering from very bad anxiety for a few years. No one knows and I struggle to tell anyone. Everyone sees me as a happy confident person. But inside I'm screaming. I question everything I do and don't see how things will ever improve. I struggle to keep relationships as I always self doubt that I am good enough. I know I should seek professional advice but I am too ashamed

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello loso,

If you want to get better you really do need to seek professional help.

There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, unfortunately mental health is suck a little talked about subject because a lot of people feel the same 😏

I promise that with help you can get better. Do you have a good GP?? X x

• Posted

Thank you for your response. I know I need to i just struggle too. To everyone I am normal and wouldn't have a care in the world but deep down I want to burst. I have a great job, my own home a loving family and great friends, but i still feel such a failure and worry all the time. I really dont know why. I have looked on line and it says there isn't much a doctor can do. I have tried exercising and meditating but it doesn't lessen the anixtiy. I am hoping this forum will help and maybe I will fel less alone smile. X
    • Posted

A Dr CAN help, I promise, you are a strong person, these things happen to strong people. Xx
    • Posted

You are definitely not alone!!

Your doctor can refer you to speak to someone and might even suggest meds...I used to rule them out too, but I went on the ma few years ago and they changed my life. I was well for over 3 year and recently after a stressful period I am back on meds again...I'm pretty sure I might stay on for life now x

• Posted

Thanks, good advice. It's just hard but I know I need to do something. Thanks again x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.