Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 17 year old girl with lifelong health problems that kickstarted an anxiety/ocd problem that i deal with now to. I have chronic stomach aches and whenever i get nervous it goes directly to my sensitive stomach which exasperates the issue of my extreme fear of throwing up. Whenever i get nervous about something i cant shake the sick feeling and it makes me avoid certain things. Ive been to counslers, tried breathing exercises etc and thats one thing i cant shake, no matter what i cant shake this fear of throwing up. Any tips to make it a little easier? Should i try medication at this point?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

While medication is definitely helpful, were any of your counselors cognitive behaviorists? While counseling helped me a little, it wasn't until I started meeting with a behaviorist that I was able to get my life back.

Try to find one who specializes in anxiety

• Posted

First learn how to belly breathe. Belly bio app or breathe right app. Practice this three times a day until you are comfortable with it. At first youll feel,off..thats fine keep doing it. Belly breathing can calm a belly issue and you. Google vagus nerve and belly breathing to calm. There a big nerve that runs from your brain to your belly. Adrenaline runs thru this as well as other nerves and irratates the nerve. So yes belly hurts. Then you eat in this state and well usually causes stimach issues. Im surprised you do not get reflux.

this isnt about trying stuff it is about a lifestyle also eat light. Six small meals no big ones. And be sure to have a full glass of water before each meal. And have a full glass of water when you wake in the morning. 

No point to fear throwing up..you can not control the body like that anyway. You can use pepcid if you feel like that often that points to signs you have reflux.

throwing ip seems to be a common fear. Its gross and feel awful but humans are very lucky this option even exists. ginger is also great for nausea. Buy fresh ginger and if you have a juicer use one inch peeled, three celery stalks and an apple..very good. If no juicer slice it very thin and put in a few slices into a cup of hot water let it sit about ten minutes then reheat the cup and sip it ..you can honey or lemon or a tea bag of chamomile tea to make it taste better. Ginger is the original and best remedy for nausea. They used to use ginger in gunger ale but they dont now somits a waste of drink for belly aches.

lastly buy some probiotics. They are everywhere. Take one a day. Acidopholis. 

• Posted

So many people think nervousness and anxiety cause stomach problems when in fact it may be the other way around, as many things can upset the Autonomic Nervous System which will launch into "fight or flight mode".  If an antihistamine such as Zantac (ranitidine) seems to calm things down, then the problem may be food allergies (soy, wheat and corn, 3 of the big 8), and you may need an allergist who is familiar with food allergies and mast cell syndromes.

• Posted

Possibly it may be a good idea to talk to your GP and discuss some more therapy.

You need to discuss your tummy again with your GP. I feel you may have other concerns on a medication.

Your GP may also be able to arrange some tests to check your tummy to put your mind at rest

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.