HELP! Admitted and diagnosed with a NSTEMI by prinzmental angina?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am a 34m that was admitted to hospital after a incident of chest pain, nausea, vomiting and sweating.

I was told I had a a NSTEMI which after a CT, echo, MRI and angio was confirmed to be a result of prinzmental angina.

I was prescribed clopdigprel 75mg in the morning, diltizem 90mg one in the morning and one in the evening and was given a GTN spray...

It's been 4 weeks and a still in a bit of shock I think (am yet to have my follow up with the doctor to actually talk me through what happened/is going on!) but my questions are to others really regarding recovery etc - I'm not able to talk more than a few minutes, now 4 weeks after the event and I don't know if it's as a result of the medication (am I not reacting to it well?!) or whether I'm just not recovering for some reason sad

I have pretty regular dull burning sensation in my chest that is worse when lying down and after big meals - so I was prescribed randintine.

I guess I could actually use my GTN spray on a daily basis if I didn't think/they didn't think the burning sensation was due to GERD caused by clopiogrel.

Anyone stopped taking their clopiogrel and opted for asprin instead?! I'm really worried that after 4 weeks I actually worse than when I was still in hospital (7 days in total) and I don't seem to be getting better sad

Any advice appreciated

From a worried soul. Nima

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had a stent fitted yesterday i am on asprin and clodigprol and beginning to panic as im more breathless than i was before so wonder whether its the two pills doing it!
    • Posted

Hi Christine,

You shouldn't be on here after one day! Don't panic, please. Know that breathlessness is a side effect of clopidogrel.

You may want to tell your doctor it persists after a few days, as they may swap your medicine. at this stage, given it's so soon after for surgery I'd say it's probably anxiety! I had some strange episodes in week 1. Fingers are crossed for your recovery!

• Posted

thanks for reply.  I hate taking pills of any kind I was going to wait a week then ring the hospital but will see how it is over the weekend, and ring monday but feel sure the minute you mention breathless and ache in chest i will end up at a and e for ages ! I havent been out of the house as just resting either in bed or on settee !
  • Posted

Hi nima,

you will feel like absolut crap for a few weeks, you will feel tired a lot, no energy and when you do even the simplest things it will tire you out.It can also cause agoraphobia, happens a lot in heart attack victims, I would of thought they would have you in cardio rehab by now.

It could quite well be the clopidegrel causing your burning sensation, you will need to speak to your doctor or cardio about that one, it may disappear over time, don't know, I was taken off clopidegrel and put onto low dose aspirin. It will take any where up to 6 - 8 weeks before you start feeling good again after an NSTEMI, they sure do knock you around.

• Posted

You should see your doctor asap!  You should have followed up the next week. They need feedback from you to be sure that their treatment plan is on target.

Is that medicine a Beta Blocker?  Those are bad for PM

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.