Help ankle injury

Posted , 5 users are following.

I fell down a step and rolled my ankle five weeks ago the pain was extremely bad at the time and I couldn't stand, leg swelled couldn't get it in shoe, went to work the next day but it gradually got worse,ankle feels locked pain up inside of shin and ankle bone, went to a&e twice had X-rays but there clear, go thinks I may have a fracture of fifth methatarsal. Waiting for mri next Saturday but it real bad pain, could it be fractured, I have been able to walk on it with pain but leg turns out and limited mobility have to keep it flat and not bend it, what should I do

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sabrina.  So sorry to hear your struggle.  I am not a medic so can't comment on what it could be.  Hopefully, the MRI will give a definitive answer and you can get the appropriate advice you need.  Good luck with it
  • Posted

Ice and elevate as much as possible until the MRI - with a smattering of paracetemol . Feet and Ankles are so tricky and although thankfully I'm walking ok after months and months of fractures and non weight bearing - its seelling again as my Achilles tendon is mis behaving ! Likely due to doing too much when not ready but with my daughters wedding 2 weeks away its been all go and with ankle at 70% not 100% it's clear I have definitely over done it !! Best of luck / this is a good forum for support and lots of folk will give good advice.
    • Posted

It's hard to take it easy when you have a wedding coming up, I hope you enjoy it
  • Posted

Hi sabrina, sounds like it could definitely be a fracture. I have to hearing of people walking with a fracture. I would not walk on it if I were you, get or loan some crutches and use them, don't put any weight on the injured leg. Keep your leg elevated as much as possible to help with the swelling. Also as your Dr if it is not possible just to put a back slab cast on to help stabilise the ankle and foot. Dont leave it, get help. Keep us posted and I hope you recover soon.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply ,I unfortunately have to keep working, I come home from work and go to bed and elevate it, the pain is making me kranky, can't get Mri until next Saturday, at my wits end I'm worried it's fractured and I'm doing it more damage
    • Posted

Mri shows two fractures one of the fifth mid metatarsal and the second waiting for official report to go to a&e to see what they will do 😰😁
    • Posted

Hi sabrina happy you are now getting help but sorry you have fractures. Please keep us updated on what they are going to do. Be strong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.