Help, blurry eye problem. Happened over night.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone ever woken up with blurry vision? I wear contacts/glasses. I woke up and rushed to work (put contacts in) and all morning my eyes were burning and blurry with the contacts in. It got worse when the sun came up. I could barely keep my eyes open. I drove home and switched to glasses before shooting off to my other job and Now i can barely even see my phone screen with my glasses on. Let alone anything further away. It hurts to even be outside--way too bright. Help? It's been all day and doesn't seem to be clearing up? I'm bummed that I won't be able to see the eclipse tonight.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Make an appointment ASAP with an ophthalmologist. It could be a simple infection, dry eyes ...but because this has happened suddenly I would advise immediate contact with a doctor to rule out anything more serious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.