Help! BV Odor Getting Worse & Can't afford doctor. How can I treat & cure BV @home without a script?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm 34 and suffered with chromic BV for 10+ years. I've been prescribed flagil thats works until I finish my script. I finished my script a couple months ago and it came back. This time the odor has gotten worse. Others at can smell it at work and my daughter says I smell like fish and so does my car. I can't afford to see a doctor and even if I could it will just come back. I've tried apple cider vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, Refresh, eat a ton of greek yogurt, drink Yocult, cotton panties only, taken folic acid and taken acidophilus orrally but none of that helped. Has anyone gone through a similar experience and had success doing something at home? I mean someome who's dealt with this for many years and taken prescriptions for it and then decided to do something on their own to treat it and its taken it completely away or at least the odor? Please anyone can you give specific directions?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I feel your pain and I have the same symptoms I recently started inserting two acidolphilus pills vaginally and it seems to b working but its not gone yet. A lot of women take like five a day. Have you used boric acid capsules? Those work good I think you should buy those from amazon
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the advice! I have never tried boric acid capsules and really need to find something. I tried the plain yogurt that was recommended in another B.V. discussion but they said to freeze the yogurt and then insert them vaginally. I didn't even think twice about it and was very excited. I made the plain Yoplet yogurt inserts and went to put them in one night after showing before bed. They were unbearably cold. It was painful and didn't feel like putting something that cold up me was at all beneficial.

If you or anyone reading this can educate me otherwise that would be great! If there's something in freezing cold plain yogurt that will kill off this nasy bacteria I will bare the pain.

With the boric acid capsules. Are you recommending these because of the severity of my odor? I was curious because yours doesn't sound as bad as mine and you're using a different remedy for yours. Mine has actually gotten worse since I started this discussion. Its constant, the odor is stronger and now after I shower it comes right back. This is disgusting and humiliating. I'm back with my husband who wants to have sex all the time and I want to meet his needs I'm that area as often as I can.

If you are able to get back with me about what you know about boric acid capsules I'd greatly appreciate it! Also, I have a few more questions I'm going to list below. I'm just really desperate to find something that will actually work that's better than taking an antibiotic time and time again. Thanks again for the informative reply and here's my other questions regarding boric acid capsules:

Do I take them orally or vaginally?

If taken vaginally do I just insert the capsule however they come?

Is there a specific brand and dosage that I should be using?

Any other information you would like to give would be great!!! Thank you!

• Posted

Me too I've had chronic BV for three years, I'm here to try and find a cure... no treatments are working for me either

• Posted

Vitamin c tablets with rosehips!

I have suffered for 15 years now, this has worked thus far! Good luck!

I feel completely liberated. The results were instant, I'm talking only a couple of hours.

• Posted

Thank you, thank you! I've read about this in other discussions but wasn't sure how to use vitamin c and Rosehips. Also what brand, form to get and how to administer.

I will take your word and try but before I but these supplements would you mind letting me know what brand you use, the dosage, how often you used them (at the beginning or whenever you first started with terrible B.V.), instructions as to how you fix them up and what to put them in (if its better to take them vaginally)?

Thanks again so much! I hope I will be liberated from this soon!

• Posted

I know the probiotics inserted vaginally cut the smell way way down. It didnt totally cure me but it sure helps your self- confidence kbowing others can't smell it

• Posted

You should of asked them for metronidazole insted of flagil you may have trichinosis awell
    • Posted

Thanks for the info. If this other doesn't work then I will need to find a doctor and ask for metronidazole. I need to Google trichinosis because I've not heard of this.

Back in 2015 I went to my OBGYN (at the time) and asked that I get a full STD screening. My husband and

• Posted

I've been dealing with this horrid condition off and on for 7 years and this is the only thing that has worked for me so far:

1. I sit in a shallow bathtub of very warm/hot water and then squirt some hydrogen peroxide toward my netherregions, making sure to splash the water toward my body parts. Sit there for about 10 minutes. This is to knock out the smell.

2. Shove a frozen yogurt ball up my vajayjay and then go to sleep for the night (sleeping on a towel, and wearing no underwear). Make the yogurt balls by filling ice tray with dollops of Plain Dannon Yogurt (the one with the red farm house on the label). After the balls are frozen, pop them out of the tray and store them in a ziplock freezer bag bc if you are unfortunate like the rest of us repeat sufferers, then you will need them again.

3. Do the yogurt suppository for about 3 nights.

That's it. Eat well. Reduce sugar intake; forget about sugary drinks like sodas and such; drink plenty of water, get plenty of rest. And at the slightest sign of a repeat episode, do a yogurt ball for a night (if you catch it early you will only need to do one night, and you can probably skip the hydrogen peroxide bath).

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Oh, I almost forgot: no soap down there, ever ever ever...only plain water (and your hydrogen peroxide when necessary).
    • Posted

One more thing (sorry!): I stopped using pantyliners. Wearing them seemed to be a HUGE culprit, as once I stopped using them, the frequency of the recurrence dropped dramatically. Unfortunately, repeat infections do still occur (like if I used toilet paper from a public restroom...or if I eat too much sugar...), but it's manageable. I really hope this helps. I know how frustrating it can be.

• Posted

This I am definatly going to try. Thanks so much for the information! This sounds like something I can definatly afford.

My daughter and I are living at my parents house and have no bath tub. We only have a stand up shower. We move on Saturday and I will finally have a bath tub to soak in. I usually do not do baths (showers only) because of the BV. I am so sensitive to BV that I get it from bathing. If I have it and bath it increases the odor. I dont think it can get any worse right now.

I will definatly need to soak in some peroxide because the BV has gotten out of control.

Thanks again for the info!

• Posted

i did once but it made me really sick and the effects didn't last, and my sister also tried it & it worked for her but the bv came back shortly after she was done w/the meds

• Posted

Hi and no I haven't tried it yet but I need to do something. I don't have insurance and need to find an affordable doctor who can sympathize with my condition. I'm in Houston, TX if you know of any. Thanks so much for this suggestion! Do you think its alot better than Flagil? Whenever I take Flagil it comes right back after I've finished my rounds and have sex just 1 time with my husband.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.